oh the shame .........

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got a bit lost last night, out for a walk with my girlfriends 8 year old boy, ended up walking about 2 miles, on a very narrow sidewalk right next to fast moving traffic, in the dark, no flashlight :ohgeez:

moral of the story?

your edc is completely useless unless you always carry it.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
just turn in your Flashoholic ID card now.

Ohhhhh the shame. :ohgeez:

and the kid will probably be emotionally scarred for life as well. :eek:

why do they call it EDC when it should be ENC, every NIGHT carry???????

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Indeed! That's why you need something that's small enough to be with you all the time. Even my tiny, single-cell CR123 lights like Quarks and Ras are sometimes too big...but my Draco (or Lumii Wee, or LiteFlux LF2XT, etc.) are always small enough to ride along. Even in dress pants. :)

Well, the good news is that nothing bad came of it. I don't think we need to revoke your flashaholic card; we'll put you on probation for 30 days and reinstate you when you provide evidence of a recent Draco purchase. :nana:

- FITP

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh how the mighty have fallen! :D

For your penance, you must clean and lube all of your lights.

Then you must carry a fully loaded 6-D Mag for an entire day.

[Monty Python] Then you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest........wiiiiiiith.................A HERRING!!!!! [\Monty Python]

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got my girl an itp 3 mode in stainless months ago, great light.

perhaps i need one as a necklace?

Paladin

Enlightened
Field jacket zipper pull has a coin cell light. Tac vest zipper has a coin cell light. Keyring holder on my shoulder bag has a coin cell light. Car keys have a coin cell light. Motorcycle keys have a coin cell light. Just saying...

Paladin

LightChaser

Newly Enlightened
No No No!
For neck carry you're going to want the titanium version!!! (I love how this is turning into a "you need more lights" thread) :D

How can suggesting more lights to buy be punishment for a flashaholic?!?

I say waddup should be required to carry a cheap, dim, plastic 2D light (preferably one of those red ones) on his belt for 30 days, with no access to other lights.:candle:

He can charge any NiMH or Li-Ion cells he has for maintenance purposes, but isn't allowed to use them.

That, I think, should teach you not to leave your EDC at home. :tsk:

watchathink?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can suggesting more lights to buy be punishment for a flashaholic?!?

I say waddup should be required to carry a cheap, dim, plastic 2D light (preferably one of those red ones) on his belt for 30 days, with no access to other lights.:candle:

He can charge any NiMH or Li-Ion cells he has for maintenance purposes, but isn't allowed to use them.

That, I think, should teach you not to leave your EDC at home. :tsk:

watchathink?

Agreed, except it should be a Disney Princess one.

Vesper

Enlightened
kick-butt2.gif

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look on the bright side (sorry the pun), you and the kid are much closer now... after all the clutching together in fear in the dark.

ragweed

Enlightened
The minimum I carry is a Photon on my keychain. The lights went off in the warehouse & emergency lights popped on so no big deal right? Wrong.. the restrooms had no light & were as dark as an Egyptian Tomb. Everyone was borrowing the Photon for potty break.

milkshake

Newly Enlightened
i would think a flashaholic missing out on his moment to shine has got to be punishment enough. although that hello kitty flashlight is funny!

Last edited:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK im going to chime in and stick up for this poor flashaholic, If he werent a true flasaholic he would have said nothing and not felt any shame, just like a lot of non-flasaholics do, day to day, night to night.

For I too have forgotten to pocket my EDC thinking Ill be fine only to realize I was not, thus learning my lesson the hard way and missing out on being the saviour.

Go on admit it everyone, we have all done it.

But I also vote on the hello kitty torch and that he should carry it for a full 24 hours.:crackup: