LED conversions in G2

TTUShooter

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I have 5 Surefire flashlights. 1 G2L, 2 6PL's, and 2 G2's. Now I know the G2L has a metal bezel as a heat sink since LED can cook itself after prolonged use. I want to upgrade my 2 incandescent G2's with LED conversions.

My question is, will a conversion like the malkoff (which has a brass housing to serve as a heat sink) Solve the issue of dropping a LED conversion in a polymer flashlight or do i stll run the risk of overheating it?.

seale_navy

Enlightened
well you can always opt for the malkoff m60L or the m60LL if u want to use it in a G2 with the nitrolon head with no heating issues.

Otherwise, you could maybe use a M60 or M61 for a minute and switch it off and let it cool down before you use it again..

carrot

Flashaholic
You'll still cook it because the heat has nowhere to go. Any of the L or LL Malkoffs will work, though.

5Sport

Enlightened
Can't you just drop in the Surefire LED lamp module. It lists it as a replacement for the G2 in their catalog, so I would assume it would work.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
...I want to upgrade my 2 incandescent G2's with LED conversions.

My question is, will a conversion like the malkoff (which has a brass housing to serve as a heat sink) Solve the issue of dropping a LED conversion in a polymer flashlight or do i stll run the risk of overheating it?.

get 2 malkoff m60LL's (currently priced less than new P60L's)...zero heating issues with polymer lights...UPGRADE PROBLEM SOLVED...i have done this with 3 G2Z's...

damn_hammer

Enlightened
I've run the Surefire P60 LED, and Malkoff M60LL with the G2 Nitrolon head with no problems. According to the the Malkoff site, from what I recall, even the M61 (XP-G) can be run for about 10 minutes in the Nitrolon head without a problem. For longer run times with a higher powered LED drop-in, switch to a Z44 bezel/head which can be ordered by calling Surefire CS, or look in the market place where they can usually be found for somewhere around the 20 dollar mark.

Latest posts