Why Should I Pay-up for a Surefire LX2 LumaMax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Reason

Newly Enlightened
I know Surefire is greatly respected here, and I have a notion that an LX2 would round out my collection between an Olight M21 Warrior with the SST-50 and a Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST BVC with an R2 emitter, but it seems to be less light for way more money compared to those two.

The M21 has decent output with a broad beam, but it's not suitable for pocket EDC. The Jet III has a highly useable output and beam, and is a sweet pocket rocket.

What is an LX2 going to do for me besides evaporate $195 that I could put toward the next high tech flashlight advance that will blow away my Catapult and Malkoff Drop-In MagLite?

I appreciate the Porsche like attributes of the Surefire line, but I just don't see the value or applicability. Seems there are some kick butt Corvettes available in lights, so why do I need to pay up for the Surefire name?:confused:

wingnut86

Banned
Don't think of it as paying for the Surefire name, think of is as paying for the Surefire quality and piece of mind...

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
Only time will tell, put one into your collection. You won't regret it. I don't have a huge collection of lights. However, of all my lights there are only a few that still work. Care to take a guess at which ones still work? Good luck on your search for the truth.:popcorn:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't really speak for the m21 I have only tried one once and it was mostly spill without alot of throw but my LX2 blows my Jet III away especially in throw. Remember Surefire under estimates their light output and the beam tint is super nice and don't under estimate the lifetime warranty just a phone call away I can't remember exactly but IRRC the Jetbeam is only like a year..

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Well, I never would have bought an LX2. That said, my wife gave me her's, the one she won at Matt's wonderful CPF Party the week of SHOT in Las Vegas. It turns out to be an awesome light, with a steller LED that shows more output, using bounce with a lightmeter, than my Malkoff M60. It is seriously bright, and low is twice as bright as it should be per SF ads. And, it runs on two RCR123's with no difference in output compared to two CR123's, and with lower amp draw from the batteries (mA's taken at tailcap area). Of course, we all know about the neat UI.

Bill

Empath

Flashaholic
I appreciate the Porsche like attributes of the Surefire line, but I just don't see the value or applicability.

We're not going to permit this to be set up for another Surefire price rant discussion. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.