Flashaholic
Woke up to this (Up the street, 4 houses up):

01.jpg

(This one is taken from my front lawn)
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The flasher on the truck is 4x10 so 40 white LEDs. This one was working perfectly, up around the corner there was another where only 38 of the LEDs were firing. Anyway, I guess the guy that lives in the house is out of town. Just separated with his wife and they were going to put the house up on the market /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, how unfortunate can you get?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

you have hooked up your garden hoses etcetera, right Saaby? on the other hand, the last pic just loaded and it looks like it's out?

Saaby

Flashaholic
OH yeah yeah it's out--sorry forgot to mention that after about 15 minutes the battery in my camera died. I'll get some more pics this afternoon. Whole side of the house is gone--you can see right in.

There were like 7 firetrucks! People from all over kept showing up, I guess the smoke could be seen from the highway (About 1 mile north of my house). Whole neighborhood out there in our pejamas...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hopefully nothing irreplaceable was lost, the guy has insurance, and it wasn't arson...

There was a 7 engine fire across the street (Pac.Coast Hwy.) from me too, a few days ago. Living here surrounded by dry tinder didn't ease the situation..it was in the Bayclub condos, dozens of homes all linked together, so every engine came, in case.. seems Sally Kirkland's illegally divided sublet had an electrical fire..my building inspector told me all about it..while he was there evicting her, a neighbor came up to ask him to look and see if his adjoining wall was damaged by the heat -- seems he had an illegal set up too! another eviction... soon after the building manager went to the hospital for a triple by-pass...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I heard that a gasoline tanker truck douched out near Lynnwood yesterday. Closed I5 northbound for many hours, but nobody was really hurt (nothing more serious than "treat & release" anyway).

Waking up to a house fire in your neighborhood must have been a bit creepy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But seeing those LEDs on the truck must have brought you back to your senses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Fires are always "exciting" to watch, but beyond injuries, it's not the expensive, replacable things that are important, it's the irreplacable things like family photos, records, one-of-a-kind objects, etc.

After the excitement, I'm always greatly sadened by the losses that mean so much to the individual, but are invisible to others.

T_sig6.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah....it looks bad but it only took the one end of the house. Smoke damage throughout the rest the house I'm sure but only fire in one end. Hopefully photos etc. were either with Mom wherever she is or on the other end of the house.

We just drove past and the mom and 2 kids were standing outside like they'd just arrived. Guess the rumors that they were in Oregon aern't true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif they obviously wern't home though.

Photos, records, one-of-a-kind flashlights...still not as valueable as human life.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wrong end of the house burned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My mom and sister know the family better than I do, that said...

The parents were separated but I guess her stuff was still in the house where he was living. He was supposed to come get the kids today and he's...missing

Her bedroom burned, in it all the stuff we just said would be terrible to loose. Some heirlooms, photos, jewlry...

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds awfuly suspicious--
Divorce...house for sale...fire in Mom's room...Dad's missing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-Jason

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I'm trying to prevent this thread from turning into a place for all the gossip that's going around. Aparently, take this lightly though, dad was at party last night but too drunk to drive home. Today he left the town the party was at (Name escapes me) at about 7:00 AM which means that he couldn't have intentionally set fire to the house, which cought about 6:30 AM--it doesn't, however, mean he didn't rig something up ahead of time. There was a freezer in the garage and a BBQ grill with the tank on (But grill off). It's also been *VERY* hot here. One of the more reasonable theroys I've heard is that it got hot enough the propane started leaking and a spark from the freezer starting up started the fire.

Anyway I guess the neighbor across the street was stealing from the mom and it was the neighbor across the street that called the mom and said the house was on fire.

I didn't want to post any of this until the cause is more, shall we say, official...but I guess it helps put things into perspective.

My mom went down and kept the mom company until the insurrence showed up--he brought 2 pieces of plywood to board up the house and keep looters out. The whole side of the house is gone. 2 boards isn't going to do anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I guess the computer was on the OTHER end of the house...and the screen melted. That's a hot fire.

I was going to go get more pics tonight but extended family came over and I didn't so...tomorrow. I do feel sorry for the family but it's amazing to see what damage fire can do in such a short ammount of time.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

yes, Long Link, as Frankenstien used to say, "fire baahd...!"

I do feel sorry for mom. I think it was Aldous Huxley who wrote about watching his large old house, full of a lifetime of writings, burn down. He wrote about how liberating and exhilarating it felt, and referred to himself from then on as "a man without a past" -- maybe the fire will help mom make a new start in some way..

On the other hand it coulda been worse..
('The neighbor who was stealing'?..what up with that?)

looking good, nice Moonlight!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
kinda like losing your hard drive filled with old emails and photos when it fails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif