Good forum to discuss the WMD?

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good forum to discuss the 2003 State Of the Union speech and the points that President Bush raised about our need to invade Iraq. By my count, he raised 8 points about the Iraq weapons program and I want to see how many have been substantiated since the invasion. I know of at least one that's been proved.

Got a good forum to point me to?

Thanks!

BTW...I am not wanting to start a thread here; just looking for a forum.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Please, please go find it.

You already have 2 active SOTU/WMD threads here with a combined 1,538 views and 145 post as of right now and you still won't give it a rest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

How about...Bush's daughter and her drinking issue or Bush's trip to Africa or anything new to bash Bush about but this is getting old.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

when you find the new forum you'll let me and DD know where it is so we can join in, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no, but really, please continue your new string here, I promise not to post any OT..

I find your posts to be some of the most intelligent and informed around here..what are you going to do, move your discussions out of CPF and leave us alone with that boorish DD's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif intellectually intoxicating gems?

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want high fives and affirmation of your point of view in a highly controlled environment, go to www.democraticunderground.com

If you want extreme feedback from your opposition go to www.freerepublic.com

If you want the same with reasoned thought thrown in, go to www.debunkers.org

If you enjoy s**t slinging monkeyzoo political discussion go to www.bartcop.com

All have links sections which points to other likeminded websites/boards.

After a year or two of posting on political boards you will come to one of two conclusions. You'll realize you were just regurgitating party line without thought. Or that you were wrong in most of your views but your entitled to your opinion.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:
when you find the new forum you'll let me and DD know where it is so we can join in, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no, but really, please continue your new string here, I promise not to post any OT..

I find your posts to be some of the most intelligent and informed around here..what are you going to do, move your discussions out of CPF and leave us alone with that boorish DD's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif intellectually intoxicating gems?

Sorry, meant to quote not edit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ted, I need to sell you a super nice bridge I own and it's a real steal. I have one on either side of the country so you can have choices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have to ask, why so fixated on this single subject? And don't forget about the evidence that the media ignored such as the fact that in 1991 Saddam asked for and recieved permission to transport and hide much of his stockpile of WMD in the Sudan by Sudanese president Umar al-Bashir himself, to circumvent their detection and destruction by the then UNSCOM inspection teams, the discovery that in 1995 Saddam had sent Iraqi pilots to train by flying actual missions in Sudanese aircraft, dropping chemical munitions on rebels at Kaduli and the Namang Mountains. Gee I wonder why he would want his pilots to have experience in dropping chemical munitions? Couple that with the purchase of Czech built Delphin L-29 trainer aircraft and the confirmed intelligence that these jets were slated for modification to carry chemical and or biological weapons payloads. Then there are the reports by US advisors and Kurdish rebels who could observe the activity inside the Ansar al-Islam training camps in the north from forward observation posts, citing that the instructors inside these camps were Al Quaeda tied foreign nationals some having been recognized as instructors in the now defunct training camps in Afghanistan and that the terrorist compounds were recieving military materiel and reinforcements delivered via Iraqi government vehicles direct from Baghdad. The observers were able to read the registrations tags and markings on the vehicles, due to their vantage points and optics, and correspond them with official govt. record. I believe we had plenty of evidence as to Saddam's intentions. His continued efforts to screen and hide his activities. Who knows how many WMD's made it across the border to Syria or whether our troops are now occupying a city with WMD's or crude nuclear devices hidden right in their midst.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DavidW said:

After a year or two of posting on political boards you will come to one of two conclusions. You'll realize you were just regurgitating party line without thought. Or that you were wrong in most of your views but your entitled to your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that from personal experiance (i.e. you realized the above things about yourself), or are you implying that after exposure to political forums he'll realize his political views are wrong?

I honestly want to know the answer to this question.

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
Well, I think that about does it for me then. I think your implication that ikendu's political beliefs in general are wrong and will change with time is not only arrogant, but rude. Were this my board, I'd caution you for such behavior. As quick as Sasha was at chastising ikendu for flaming/trolling on this and other threads, she has used such tactics far more blatantly against me and others on several occasions ( a perfect example of which can be found on the "religious freedom" thread). Since you and Sasha are the heads of this board, then I believe I've seen enough.

I've seen plenty examples of folks on this board looking for offense where none was intended, and of people turning discussion X into an argument about position Y. These are as unavoidable as they are unpleasant, but they are rarely addressed (perhaps for the better). And I've also seen people on this forum posting thinly (and not so thinly) veiled attacks at one thing or another in the guise of an "innocent post." Also an unwanted thing, to be sure. I've seen a more heavy hand in dealing with these lately, and it is poor trend in my opinion - since I strongly believe that rather than dealing with them fairly, they have more in common with the admins' personal beliefs than the "severity of the crime," as it were. I think the calls of "troll" have become more frequent, and less accurate lately.

Now, I do believe that towards the end of the "Bush misinforms congress" thread that ikendu was being a bit too partisan, and I even said as much. But that doesn't diminish what I believe has become pretty apparent as of late: If you want to talk politics/law/religion, you'd better pick the "right side" around here or face the wrath of the admins.

So, rather than wait until something I post rubs Sasha the wrong way again and be told how I'm flaming/trolling, or have you tell me that what I believe is wrong, instead of tell me that you disagree (a world of difference, there); I think I'll just move on. Your board, your rules, and my right to have no involvement with them.

You can reply to this post any way you like - I won't be reading it.

It's been an interesting 10 months - bye everybody.

Peace,

--Scrimmy

B@rt

Flashaholic
fc90e507.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Gonna miss your insightfulness, Scrimmy. Take care. I wish you'd reconsider, seriously. I've been battered here before, but like my old Timex, I take a licking and keep on ticking. <Added this to better express my sentiments.>

On the lighter side of things, found this gem on the 'net:

Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Ed.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif Hey Bro don't go!
Tell them how strongly you feel but hang in there and keep swinging! There's turkeys everywhere, but your mission is more important than them.. come on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

2dogs

Enlightened
Adios. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Rules are rules. This forum and the chance to participate in it are privileges. Simple.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I allow a lot of discussion on the board. But I don't allow flaming, baiting and trolling (and spamming). ikendu was developing a habit of stepping right up to the line and not passing over it. There was no single major incident. But a cumulative effect. He's not the first to use such tactics. Here or anywhere else. Like I said, I've seen a lot before I started CPF.

If you would like to discuss something you think is contrary to what I believe. Knock yourself out. Just don't break any rules doing it. Don't make an endrun of the rules either.

Ironically, if Brotherscrim begins to frequent political boards/newsgroups he will understand what I meant.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The way I am reading it Brotherscrim quit, he wasn't fired.

Now David and 2dogs posts make it sound like he was suspended for breaking rules.

Am I missing something?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That's kinda obscure David, you're saying Bro wasn't banned right?

Greta

Flashaholic
Ted... "Bro" didn't do anything to get himself banned. So, no he hasn't been banned. He left on his own accord. Contrary to what seems to be a growing popular belief around here, we don't go around just banning people left and right. Hell, Ikendu hasn't been banned either!