Strange RA Twisty behavior

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Last night, I picked up my Twisty to compare the medium setting to one of my Peaks. I gave the Twisty a twist, which should have been enough to turn it on low, and nothing. I twisted further, and still nothing. So, I assumed my wife, who uses it from time to time, had failed to turn it off completely and placed it on the nightstand on low and didn't notice it. (It's happened once before.....)
So, on my way to throw the battery in the trash, I asked her if she'd used it lately, and she said no, so I assumed the battery had just finally died. I inserted a new battery, and still nothing! So, I cleaned the threads, the contacts, and lubed it. Nothing. So, I went to bed expecting to send it in for repairs.

This afternoon, I thought I'd check it one more time. I dropped in the same battery I tested it with last night, and it worked like a charm. I retested with another battery, and it worked fine. I unscrewed and reattached the head several times, and it worked every time. I'm left scratching my head. Any thoughts other than gremlins?

lightsandknives

Enlightened

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Was the battery out long enough to get the light to go through a reset?

Maybe the "U" shaped switch wires are having problems? One of mine was not working correctly (which Henry fixed!) and it causes glitchy behavior for a while.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gremlins? :aaa:

Must have been the contacts - or the threads - both of which will have been refreshed by all the trying out and fossicking you've done. Glad it works now.

All too conscious of that sick 'pit of the stomach' feeling you get when one of your beloved lights dies. Thank goodness it was temporary!

Nice light too. :twothumbs