NEEDED -- Info on Fraen 6 Degree Optics.

jtice

Flashaholic
I am planning a 5W mod, and was thinking of using the Fraen 6 Degree Optics. That can be found on Elektrolumens Site.

Fraen5.jpg

Can someone please post a beam shot of the 6 Degree Optics compaired to another optic?
Im tring to find out how nice, and tight of a beam they make with a 5W.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NEEDED -- Info on Faren 6 Degree Optics.

Both links don't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

OK, its fixed....
I had to remove the second one,,, you cant direct link to sections on Elektro Lumens shopping cart.

To see the optics page,,, click, "Go directly to shopping cart", then, "Collimating Optics for the Luxeon Star".

LoneRebel

Enlightened

If it is a 6 degree beam I think I would just go for a lazer pointing device..6 degrees doesnt sound very usable unless you want to light up a small bunny rabbit from a mile away.;)

jtice

Flashaholic

Well, for the most part, I want alot of throw from this light. Im sure any optic, no matter how tight, will have some side spill. Besides,,, you arent going to want to shine a 5W mod at something 5 feet away, unless you want to be blinded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How do these 6 Degree Faren optics compair to M*g reflectors?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ticey
If the fraen optics being sold by elektrolumens is 6 degrees ones, then I had used one. One one of my mod, here , I used the fraen optics in my LX 5W. Just like most optics, i don't think this is good for throw. I would rather use 30 mm to get more throw. This optics, like someone else has said, is between the NX05 and the 30mm. It has more throw than NX05 but less of that from 30mm.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Here is a beam picture of a 5W Luxeon with a Fraen 6° optic:

splash4.jpg

The light was held 12" away from the target for this picture.
FYI this is a Splash-Ano flashlight made by TNC Custom Products. I bought it on ebay a few months back.