Everything That I Once Hated, I Now Love.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
THEN:
Hated clips, uncomfortable in the hand , or so I thought, and all those sharp edges and ridges after removing the clip really bothered me.

NOW:
Love them and for the most part, I can't live without them excepting for key chain carry and lights small enough for a watch pocket. Impromptu headlamp with a hat, priceless!!!

THEN:
Trits, flashy, unnecessary and and unattractive, almost gaudy.

NOW:
Love em when strategically placed and incredibly useful, a major plus.

THEN:
Strike bezels similar and or equivalent to the Surefire E2d/E2DL put me off because I felt that I would be inviting trouble.

NOW:
What's wrong with a little peace of mind when it's called for? Sometimes I want to drink a nice dark Guinness while at other times, a Manhattan truly hits the spot, it's all about choices and flexibility.

THEN:
Lanyards, always in the way and prone to tangle, never thought I would actually have a use for them.

NOW:
Learned to love them, especially in quasi tactical or should I say potentially defensive situations where I may find the length of cord useful for a number of reasons.

THEN:
CR123's and other "odd batteries".

NOW: Love em and still waiting to grab an 18650 and some 3.7 RCR123's if I could stop spending money on lights.

THEN:
Any light over 20$ and ranging to 35-40 was just a little too much to spend.

NOW:
Can't necessarily say that I love to spend the cash but I have learned to live with it because I Love the lights and I have yet to find a way out of this place.

lovecpfThat hasn't changed, thank you all for being here and passing on and sharing your knowledge and opinions.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
THEN:
Trits, flashy, unnecessary and and unattractive, almost gaudy.

NOW:
Love em when strategically placed and incredibly useful, a major plus.

Please expand on this. I have thought about putting trit on some of my lights, but thought they were just for flash. How do you find them useful and where is strategically placed.

I have trits on my Wee but don't find it useful. Then again it is attached to a large neck chain and are easy to find because of that.

chaoss

Enlightened
Please expand on this. I have thought about putting trit on some of my lights, but thought they were just for flash. How do you find them useful and where is strategically placed.

I have trits on my Wee but don't find it useful. Then again it is attached to a large neck chain and are easy to find because of that.

Tritium, when utilized correctly can make all the difference on your EDC.
When placed on the tail (w/milled slot) it makes the light so much easier to locate "quickly" in total darkness.

That and the bling aspect too :eek:oo:.

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
THEN:
Strike bezels similar and or equivalent to the Surefire E2d/E2DL put me off because I felt that I would be inviting trouble.

NOW:
What's wrong with a little peace of mind when it's called for? Sometimes I want to drink a nice dark Guinness while at other times, a Manhattan truly hits the spot, it's all about choices and flexibility.

Heh, before I read the last half of the last sentence I thought you were going to say that you liked to get drunk in bars, and bring a strike bezel as a 'non-prohibited' weapon. :wave:

I can see Tritium being great when out, say camping, or of course in the event of a power out at night, but usually there is a little ambient light at home, and my lights are on the nightstand, so I can always grab them blindfolded. Still awesome, and I can't wait to get mine.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
One nice post. You are a true evolving flashaholic, and I am pleased that you are one of us. :thumbsup:

Bill

saabgoblin

Enlightened

Chaoss nailed in my opinion.

Heh, before I read the last half of the last sentence I thought you were going to say that you liked to get drunk in bars, and bring a strike bezel as a 'non-prohibited' weapon. :wave:

I can see Tritium being great when out, say camping, or of course in the event of a power out at night, but usually there is a little ambient light at home, and my lights are on the nightstand, so I can always grab them blindfolded. Still awesome, and I can't wait to get mine.
Yes, I am a bit of a lush and when I really get schnockered, the only way that I can find my light is if it has a trit installed. Actually, most if not all of my collection is on my nightstand as well and in the dark, I'd be knocking down and knocking over a few lights whereas the one light that has a trit is always the first one that I grab because I know exactly where that one is located.

I still hate all those things. I guess I haven't evolved yet.:D
No need to follow in my footsteps, part of the fun is finding your own way kinda like "life is a journey, not a destination" and that journey is a lot easier with a flashlight.

Thank You Bullzebill and right back at you!:thumbsup: