What light to carry on my wedding day?!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I don't know, man. You better not let your new wife find out you're thinking about flashlights on that day. Keep it well hidden at least.

Geoff

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously? I can imagine you planning on what light to pack for your honeymoon, but carrying one during a wedding? :p

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is only one answer.

None.

Nil.

Nada.

The day is all about committment.

Total committment.

No toys, no gadgets, and no thinking about them.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, if you're dead set on carrying one, i'd say something tiny and discreet, Raw NS, LD01 something along those lines. NO holstering lights in your wedding suit :D

hotlight

Enlightened
a small single celled light will work..... if it was me, I'd have my LF2XT on a neck lanyard(under clothing, not visible)

1 light is enough..... unless wedding is in Vegas, than anything goes.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK40 - there might be a power outage and you'll need 630 lumens to light up the entire church!!:crackup:

Only kidding,

My advice, leave the lights at home!!

James....:thumbsup:

russthetoolman

Enlightened
I wore my ARC LS under my tux and I also had several lights on the table where everyone signed our guestbook. Also had my knife.....
The best part was when i handed out raffle tickets to give away one of my Elektrolumen Blasters. Our photographer commented that was the first time the wedding party gave something back.
I did what I was comfortable with.
Russ

bansuri

Enlightened
That light says more about you than some rented tuxedo. Go with a light you love, and if you need it your wife will have another reason to love you.
There's nothing wrong with being prepared.
Have a great wedding!

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Honey, here is my wedding band...

ringbeam.jpg

for the wife and she has a choice too!

lightfingerspackbig2.jpg

And if you want to be real stealthy...

fingerlamp2.jpg
fingerlamp.jpg

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried a full size .40 S&W pistol with two spare mags at my first wedding in a shoulder rig. It hid perfectly under that jacket. I just sold that pistol. Funny it lasted longer than the wife. It was before i re-discovered CPF many years ago. I also carried a Streamlight scorpion I think. If the sun went out and we lost power and the zombie hoards invaded I'd be ready.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
When i got married i had my Novatac EDC-120p in my pocket, and a spyderco cricket clipped IWB

I say carry it, providing your wife to be doesnt mind. if its small enough she probably wont notice anyway

funny story, i was photographing a wedding the other day, patted my pockets, and found my novatac was missing.
told my wife, and she said wasnt overly happy, was even less happy when i told her that it was the light i carried when we got married (she new i was carrying it, just needed a reminder of the memories attached to the light)
i got home and found it on my bedside table, i hadnt picked it up that morning :oops: was glad that i hadnt lost it though

foxtrot29

Enlightened
There is only one answer.

None.

Nil.

Nada.

The day is all about committment.

Total committment.

No toys, no gadgets, and no thinking about them.

but but but... if the power goes out, and the emergency lights fail, people could die in a stampede panic! I won't have such shenanigans at my wedding!

foxtrot29

Enlightened
well, if you're dead set on carrying one, i'd say something tiny and discreet, Raw NS, LD01 something along those lines. NO holstering lights in your wedding suit :D

Oh yes, it will just be one. Must be prepared! lol

I think I've settled on the Surefire E1B, which fits nice and discreetly under the suit (not wearing a tux). And of course, a small, lightweight folder -- Benchmade Pika II.

The "future wife" loves me for who I am -- she knows I'll be packing a light. She rolls her eyes, but she gets it. :)