Nitecore D10 SP R2 Torch Flashlight Video Featuring The EZAA

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore D10 SP R2 Torch Flashlight (www.flashaholics.co.uk) Also Featuring The E

At last you got your hands on a decent torch.

Do you work for flashaholics.co.uk or something?

carl8190

Banned
Nitecore D10 SP R2 Torch Flashlight Video (www.flashaholics.co.uk) Featuring The E

No I dont work for them they simply have always supplied me a great service. As you can see I live in guildford which is not where flashaholics is based. I have to state I dont work for them for legal reasons. Please do check them out though im sure they will appriciate any sale I send their way.

Last edited:

carl8190

Banned
Re: Nitecore D10 SP R2 Torch Flashlight Video (www.flashaholics.co.uk)Featuring The E

Does anyone else have any input and what other flashlights would you like in a review?

LeifUK

Enlightened
Re: Nitecore D10 SP R2 Torch Flashlight Video (www.flashaholics.co.uk)Featuring The E

I must admit you do seem to push Flashaholics an incredible amount.Anyway, an interesting video. It seems the continuously variable mode is not in the R2 version, despite several online shops saying that it is!

I am not sure I would use the push button when the light is under underwater, as lights are only rated for submersion for a limited time, and moving the o-ring about is surely going to increase the likelihood of a seal failing. Plus aren't you changing the internal volume, and hence potentially sucking in water and expelling air?

Lastly, I presume there is a spring inside the cylinder at the closed end?

LeifUK

Enlightened

Incidentally, are you receiving any kind of payment from flashaholics.co.uk for these reviews, including reduced prices?

carl8190

Banned

Nope they are not paying me or reducing the prices. It is simply a favour. I cant see them paying me.
And no the D10 does not have any springs in it. There is a spring like washer tho in the bezzel but not a spring as such.
I wouldnt mind being paid lol but unless they are generous and want to pay me then I cant see it happening because they never asked me to do these reviews.

jblackwood

Enlightened

Are you sure there are no springs at the negative terminal of the piston? I've got two older version D10's and that's where they've both got springs. Also, I thought the oring was moved to the smaller part of the piston for the new versions due to problems with how thin the wall got for the oring groove? Your new version still have the oring in the same place. Could it be your is reconstituted using an old body (piston included) and new guts?

In case you were wondering what I was talking about, carl, here's a picture from Nitecore's site with the oring groove and oring moved to the button part of the piston. Some people's pistons were coming apart and I, for one, think it's a good design call, it's all the other changes I disagree with. Don't get me wrong, I like strobe and SOS, and a digital lockout, I just disagree with taking away the ramping.

Last edited:

doktor_x

Newly Enlightened

It seems the continuously variable mode is not in the R2 version, despite several online shops saying that it is!
The critical distinction isn't the 'R2' designation, but the 'SP'.

carl8190

Banned

I stand corrected sorry there is still the spring in the piston. You guys are right I wonder why my piston does not have the new oring location :thinking:

LeifUK

Enlightened

The critical distinction isn't the 'R2' designation, but the 'SP'.

Thanks. I find it a bit confusing, but you are of course right.

carl8190

Banned

Eagletac M2C4 review should be on here soon when I can get time. Hopefully More lights will be reviewed soon let me know what lights you guys want to see in a video:D