Just got my LD10+

kts

Enlightened
I have a L2D Q5 and a L1D Q5 and this new LD10+ seems to have a brighter hotspot than both when using Energizer lithium.:eek:

Im really impressed with the improvements Fenix did from the older models, with the new trapezoid cut threads, knurling on the body and tailcap, antiroll, strike bezel and excellent regulation, even the old problem with the tailcap ring loosening has been sorted, this has to be one of the best single AA flashlights today.

Good job Fenix :twothumbs

McAllan

Enlightened
Congrats with your purchase! :party:

Does anybody know if the new LD10/20+ are much different from their older cousins (the "ordinary" LD10/20)?
Thinking about beam. Do the new + have tighter beams than the non + models? Brightness ought to be the same...
Have anyone seen them with a smoot reflector? In Europe I've only seen them with OP.
I got a few lights of the old variant, LD10 SMO, LD20 SMO, LD20 OP, PD20 OP. To be true there's very little variance between the OP and SMO beam. While spot is a tiny bit tighter on SMO and "Cree rings" a little less on OP the difference is quite subtle.

glockpoppin

Newly Enlightened
I just sold my older LD10 because I got the newer LD10+. The hotspot on the LD10+ is a little brighter.I would guess around 10% brighter. I dont know about all the new "+" models. The PD20+ R2 I have for sure does not out throw the older Pd20 Q5 I got.The PD20+ has WAY more spill, better for closer up work. On the box of the R2 it says ''better beam with a newly designed reflector''.. Fenix is still using a OP reflector, well atleast on the one I have.

Last edited:

sed6

Enlightened
I use my LD10+ more and more everyday. It is quickly becoming my favorite light; good throw, good spill, lottsa lumens, runs on the most popular/cheapest battery in the world. Very little not to like/love about this light!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will using an Energizer lithium primary battery in the LD10+ change its brightness levels?

I read that using this type of battery in some earlier models interfered with the lower (dimmer) levels.

Thanks.

kts

Enlightened
Will using an Energizer lithium primary battery in the LD10+ change its brightness levels?

I read that using this type of battery in some earlier models interfered with the lower (dimmer) levels.

Thanks.

Thats only true for their 2AA models, my L2D Q5 looses its lower modes with Energizers lithium, but the L1D and LD10 runs fine on them, a little brighter than Nimh.

I just tested my LD10+ against my L2D Q5, the LD10+ throws further and is seems to be more bright, but it could be the tint that confuses me and the hotspot on the LD10+ is much more defined than the older L2D Q5, my LD10+ has a pure white tint and my L2D Q5 has a little bluish tint.

Overall Im very pleased with this little light lovecpf

dandism

Enlightened
I don't think there is any difference other than the new body and ACME threads. I had both for a day and could not tell the difference. The circuit board in the head appears to be the same as well. :shrug:

McAllan

Enlightened
I don't think there is any difference other than the new body and ACME threads. I had both for a day and could not tell the difference. The circuit board in the head appears to be the same as well. :shrug:

Thanks for clarification.

kts' must have been a variation of both extremes. To be true I think I can see a very little difference between my two SMO compared to each other and my two OP compared to each other too. Their heads are supposed to be the same except the laser engravement.

And there's even greater variation in low modes as the tint tends to be more pronounced. I do believe the tint also has a lot to do with what light appears brighter.