LSL-LSH Water Proofness

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I know of countless stories where the AAA has been proven to be extremely waterproof. I, for one, have used my Cyan AAA in a hot tub/whirlpool for hours and hours, without any issues at all.

I don't recall hearing many stories as it relates to the LSL-LSH and thier encounters with moisture/water.

Anyone care to share their story?

BigMac

Enlightened
Well, I played with my LSH in the sink for a few minutes just to show it off to my brother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif, but I haven't had mine long enough to do much else.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't do any diving to 50 feet, so I don't really do severe tests. But
I do notice that every now and then my Arc LS gets sticky -- depending on
what I've been eating. When I wash my hands, I often wash the light at the
same time. It seems a natural thing to do. I find it's more fun to do this
if the light on.

Paul

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Arc lists the LS as waterproof to 50 feet. It is probably good to much deeper. I take my LS running at night. We both come back drenched with salty sweat. The LS and its lanyard get rinsed in the shower while the warm water comes up. No water penetration.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've dropped mine to the bottom of a swimming pool (about 2 meteres) and it was fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PeterB

Enlightened
Nascar, strange! It works for me.
Here is the picture I've added in the old post:
fbeb6f26.jpg

The name of the old thread is: ARC LSH-P beam angle /w pics

Yem

Newly Enlightened
As Dan mentioned in his review, the water pressure may begin to interfere with the switch operation at 50m depth. Of course, if you have a twistie you're golden /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GearGuy

Newly Enlightened
One of my buddies bought one from me, and just loves the thing. He was at a party and folks started getting in the hottub. The night got late, people left, and the drinks kept flowing. HE REALIZED THAT HIS LSH WAS IN HIS SHORTS! Grabbing it, he quickly clicks it "on" to check if it leaked. It did not. He clicked it under water... no leak. He said nobody could believe how bright and small the light was. When the birthday suits came out, the whole hottub was illuminated! I guess you could say, they let the love light shine...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks everyone. I have no plans on diving with this, but it sounds like I'm covered for any basic accidentss such as dropping in the pool, or a puddle, playing in the rain or taking a bath with it.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JackBlades said:
As I posted months ago (and got some funny replies) ARCs are fun in the hot tub!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that to be the case with the ARC-AAA turquiose, from personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.