TNVC TX-4 600 Replacement Head

len0475

Newly Enlightened
I've just ordered this from their site. But having dealt with a lot of manufacturer claims, I'm a little skeptical. But regardless, having even 200 lumens from my M2 would suffice.

http://tnvc.com/items/illumination_tools/tnvc_tx4_conversion_head.html

What are your thoughts on this?

The manufacturer claims output at the emitter at 730 lumens and usable lumens at 600.

The LED is a Cree MCE 4-Die.

Also, I do not understand the table of voltage and lumens.

Does one CR123A equal 3 volts?

So two CR123A equal 6 volts and so on and so forth?

Thanks in advance for any information and insights.

Len

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know what the MC-E is being driven at?

I have that TLS M to C adaptor and they work, but not very easy to get to work. A real pita if you ask me.

For a under $100 I can get the LumensFactory P7 KT-4 size;)

I wonder which one is brighter:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

len0475

Newly Enlightened
I'll send an email to the manufacturer to ask the technical details on it.

I'm using a M2 host. According to the manufacturer's site it states that the replacement head is a direct fit and doesn't require the adapter.

With a Malkoff M60W MC-E Warm rated at 400+ lumens at 5-13volts,
I was really just wondering how true is the 600lumen claim.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll send an email to the manufacturer to ask the technical details on it.

I'm using a M2 host. According to the manufacturer's site it states that the replacement head is a direct fit and doesn't require the adapter.

With a Malkoff M60W MC-E Warm rated at 400+ lumens at 5-13volts,
I was really just wondering how true is the 600lumen claim.

The Malkoff drop-in is regulated at 2.5A at the LED. It does 480~500 OTF and my guess is that the TNVC TX-4 600 will have a 2.8A driver to push it over the 500 OTF benchmark.

We will have to see.

len0475

Newly Enlightened
The Malkoff drop-in is regulated at 2.5A at the LED. It does 480~500 OTF and my guess is that the TNVC TX-4 600 will have a 2.8A driver to push it over the 500 OTF benchmark.

We will have to see.

See now you lost me.

1. What is a driver?
2. What does it mean to have it push the LED?

My limited knowledge of flashlights = batteries in body, big LEDs = bright light, CR123As are 3 volts each?

LoL

Rat6P

Enlightened
So did you get yout TX4 yet len0475??
How is it?

I would like to try one of these out but it seems both suppliers opticsHQ and TNVC wont ship certain items out of the US. ( I am in Australia)

Last edited:

len0475

Newly Enlightened
Rat6P,

I ended up getting the TX4 and mounting it on my M3 Combatlight.

My initial impressions were that it's bright!!! Way brighter than the highest output incandescent bulb available from Surefire.

There is an ample amount of throw. Flood is non-existent. That's what I was looking for though. I needed a specific light that I could throw out while navigating at night. Being able to identify key terrain helps out a ton!

The quality is top notch. I did get a bad adapter for my M2, but it was a problem with mix matching the thread.

I love it though, best money I spent in a while I think.

Jackalope33B

Newly Enlightened
Len,

How much run time at maximum output are you getting with your TX4? I bought one myself to attach to my Surefire M900, and I was getting about 30 minutes of continous use. I figured from a 9v system, I would get over 1hr.. Not happy at all :(

Let me know

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
So did you get yout TX4 yet len0475??
How is it?

I would like to try one of these out but it seems both suppliers opticsHQ and TNVC wont ship certain items out of the US. ( I am in Australia)

That's odd since these units are made in Mainland China.

Try contacting the vendor and ask them where in the ITAR regs does it prohibit selling these LED heads to Australia.

I find it very hard to believe the disclaimer on the TNVC web site that it is illegal to even take their TX4 out of the US.