Fenix HL20 Questions

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Hello,

A couple of quick questions for anyone with, or who has handled a Fenix HL20:

I'm looking to put together a helmet and light setup for caving, and I'm trying to find out if I could mount a Fenix HL20 on a helmet.

Anyone have any idea if I could do that?

Also does anyone have any experience of how waterproof/rugged this light is?

I've not had any problems washing Fenix lights in a sink fully submerged, even when on, which I've seen some Zebralights apparently have a problem with which is why I'm not looking in their direction.

I'd be asking about the HP10 which Fenix even state is good for caving, however it seems to be out of stock everywhere which makes me think that it may be end of life.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Beaker

Newly Enlightened
I'd be asking about the HP10 which Fenix even state is good for caving, however it seems to be out of stock everywhere which makes me think that it may be end of life.

I haven't handled an HL20, but I've been using an HP10 for caving recently and it's a great caving headlamp. If you can find the HP10, get it. (Also, I recommend the diffuser; some people have disliked it, but for caving in close quarters, eg crawls, it makes for more more usable light.)

I'd be very surprised if it's end-of-lifed as it just came out a few months ago...

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Hope you're right Beaker and it's available again soon. The HL20 seems a poor substitute for the HP10.