LF3XT - flashing 3 times..?

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Ok - so I've had this light for a while and I love it! - small, well made, nice knurling, beautiful artifact-free beam..

BUT..

after it's on for say 20-30 seconds, if on high, it will flash 3 times and usually switch to low. After messing around with the UI (which I seem to find ridiculously complicated even after reading the instructions and the flow chart) the only thing I could come up with was that the CR123 might be low. It was reading (after clicking 5 times to check the battery) about 2.9 V or so. So I put a brand new Energizer CR123 in and thought it would be good but it still flashes. Even on low - after it's on for a while it will flash 3 times. Which is annoying to say the least.

I love this light but at times I just wish it had a simpler UI. I just feel so brainless trying to run this light sometimes when I get deep into the settings of it.... :ohgeez::ohgeez::ohgeez:

Anybody have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

gunga

Flashaholic
Perhaps you have the battery over discharge protection on? If you are using primaries (which you are) you should turn it off.

BTW, do you use the tailcap with the clip or without? I remember that light...

:D

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
I thought I had that turned of but maybe not. If that is on is it for the higher 3.7v rcr123s and it's doing hat cause the primaries I'm using are only 3v? (I'm electrically challenged so I wouldn't be surprised if that's wrong..;). I'll try it out and see.

I have the tailcap with the clip on it with a small lanyard on it :)

thanks for your input gunga!

hotlight

Enlightened
Yes, I think your ODP is on for Li-Ion. since its flashing at 2.9ish.

try to turn it off using the flowchart, OR factory reset and reprogram

Last edited:

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Budman for taking the time to create that flowchart! I will try it and see how I make out :thumbsup:

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys - I got it figured out. I put it back to the simple UI and got the low voltage protection turned off and it fixed it.

Thank you everybody for your help! :D

umc

Enlightened
Great read.

I just ordered the LF3XT last night from LED Cool and it's going to be shipped tomorrow.

I didn't ask for the ODP to be turned on but if I do so by mistake I'll know what to look for.

As far as the FUI is concerned, I looked forward to learning it and playing with and and taking the time to get to know this light inside and out. That being said, I hope the instructions are clear enough as I pulled them down but haven't read them yet. It is comforting to know that there is a ton of info already here and a ton of knowledgeable people to help if needed.

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
Great read.

I just ordered the LF3XT last night from LED Cool and it's going to be shipped tomorrow.

I didn't ask for the ODP to be turned on but if I do so by mistake I'll know what to look for.

As far as the FUI is concerned, I looked forward to learning it and playing with and and taking the time to get to know this light inside and out. That being said, I hope the instructions are clear enough as I pulled them down but haven't read them yet. It is comforting to know that there is a ton of info already here and a ton of knowledgeable people to help if needed.

The LF3XT is an awesome EDC light, I love mine & I'm sure you'll be happy with yours...glad you solved the problem.