Need small, bright, floody, EDC, tactical, 2x123 light

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Looking for a EDC light with the following features;
1) size - small
2) comfortable for EDC
3) battery - 2x123
4) brightness - (200+ lumens on high, willing to mod for 300+ lumens)
5) beam - flood style (don't care about throw/spill)
6) switch - 'tactical' rear clicky
7) modes - want at least hi/lo available
8) price - not important

Keychain light is too small. I anticipate ~5" x ~1" as final size.

I am a private citizen. This will be basically a self-defense light for pocket carry. Limited use only. I want it mainly to deter bad guys and provide occasional illumination service.

Would love suggestions. Many thanks..... :cool:

-

Last edited:

Toaster

Enlightened
Eagletac P20C2 MKII XP-G R5 or Quark 123² Tactical XP-G R5

Last edited:

boulder

Newly Enlightened
I'm kind of a n00b here but from what I have learned here I can make some suggestions.

Surefire LX2 Lumamax (200 Lumens) with F04 diffuser. The diffuser will give you the flood you are looking for.

Surefire E2DL Led Defender (200 Lumens). Just as bright as the LX2 but the bezel and tailcap are crenelated. That means they are designed to besically hit someone on the head with.

I personally have a NiteCore Extreme R2 that I carry daily. Its only a single 123A light so its pretty compact. But its bright when I need it to be (bright enough to temporarily blind someone) and its got a good variable low mode too. The bezel is crenelated and it has a neat strobe function. The strobe is great for blinding/confusing someone.

Also, what part of RI are you from?

RTTR

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens Quark 123-2 R5 Tactical :twothumbs

Smaller than most recommended, great for EDC

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac P20C2 MKII, Fenix PD30 R4(if you can find one) and Quark cr123x2 R5 Tactical. Of those three the Quark has the widest spill but the P20 has the brightest.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Good tips. Ordered the '4Sevens Quark 123-2 R5 Tactical'

Also gonna look real close at the Malkoff with a M61 module.

Thanks a bunch!

hivoltage

Enlightened
Dont forget the Dereelights. I have the CL1H which runs on 2 cells. If you want a real monster flood and thrower tha DVS V3 MC-E is the bomb. I just got mine yesterday.

bstrickler

Enlightened
I use a Surefire 6P and a LumensFactory 3.6-13V LED dropin.

http://www.lighthound.com/Lumens-Fa...ssembly-for-SureFire-C-P-Z-Series_p_2620.html

Throws VERY far, and is very bright. It still has plenty of flood, too, but that tight hotspot is great for deterring people (I accidentally blinded my brother from across the house, which is about 50 feet)

On 2xCR123 primaries, expect at least 3 hours runtime, it draws around 500 ma from 2 CR123's. The only complaint I have, is that with 1 Li-Ion, when it hits 3v, the light flickers, then suddently dims to maybe 15 lumens.

~Brian