Best 2 x 18650 ?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
2 x 18650 seems like a nice amount of power.
Are there a lot of lights that run on this?
Any stand outs?
Any using the latest LED's?

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
2x18650 is basically "9v" or anywhere between 7.4v-8.4v real world voltage. But people uses 18650s not for the power but for the runtimes and less voltage sag under load.

The "best" 2x18650 light is very subjective and depends a lot on the type of usage.

Currently, the craze for 2x18650 lights would be the Jetbeam M1X or the M2S and the Thrunite Catapult. The Tiablo A-10s and a few others. There's even a dive light if you're into that sorta thing...

Hope your wallet can handle it!!!

Last edited:

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also consider the various M@G 2D / 3C variants made to use 18650s. There are builders that sell complete packages that are $$ comparable w/ the "boutique" builders. Plus, the M@G is a "stealth" package, it looks like an everyday M@G until it gets dark. Another plus is that being so common looking it avoids the "bling" factor that can attract sticky fingers....

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
Also consider the Eagletac M2X mk2 series of lights.

I have the latest M2XC4 with the now hidden strobe function.
Its an excellent flashlight, i love it.

It out throws my Jetbeam M1X v3. :nana:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Surefire lego using a Leef 2x18650, you can custom make it into whatever you want.

Malkoff MD4 if you want a plug + play solution.

edit - outdoors fanatic beat me to it

Max_Power

Enlightened
Malkoff MD3 (2x18500) wildcat in warm white is my current favorite EDC. I use either a Ripoffs holster (velcro cover flap, spring steel belt clip) or a Nite-Ize open holster (quick access and can be pivoted 360 degrees for hands-free lighting, but the belt clip is plastic.)

For me, the MD4 is just a tad too long for comfortable EDC. It is great for leaving next to weapons or in other strategic locations, though. And if you can put up with the extra body length of the MD4, the nite-ize holster is a good one to use with it. Ripoffs Has suitable holsters for the MD4 as well.

bigsteve

Newly Enlightened
olight sr90 has the latest led
best battery its comes with a built in one and power level light
best throw and still has a spill
they call it a catapult on streiods lovecpf

generallobster

Newly Enlightened
fenix tk30 is a solid light
dereelight with 18650 extention tube and aspherical lens is my other 2x 18650 light.

houtex

Enlightened
Another vote for the EagleTac. Bright high,good low and my dumb butt has dropped it more than once and it's still going.

bc5000

Newly Enlightened
The Eagletac M2XC4 !

This is my most used light for when I want to light up the front or back yard, or across the pasture.

:rock:

Cleron

Newly Enlightened
I still like my MVP Lumapower above most of the others. So far most of the newer lights don't out shine it much. 200l is pretty weak at that level... now the RRT3 will probably have enough output at 1,200l to truly dethrone my MVP, but so far it has done very well against everything I've tested it against.

I guess what I'm saying is "best" is not something you are going to know till you have one in your hand. In terms of pure Min/Maxing there are better lights, but I like the whole package with the MVP, looks, run time, balance of flood & throw & the twin button design for mode selection. It's not as good as the newer ring selection switch on the new JetBeam RRT line, but it's still pretty dam good.

If I hand any advice I would simply say to stick with the ones that have multi modes & the ability to change said modes EASILY. That means a double clicky, or a selector ring. It's not half as comfortable to change modes on a single clicky light like the Catapult. That dose not make them bad lights, but for me I greatly prefer a light that allows me to change modes quickly & easily.

daimleramg

Banned
2x18650 lengthwise is a bit too skinny and long, why not try a FM 2x26500 C host with Surefire lego parts? If you want a thrower you can get Solarforces Masterpeice Pro-1 Turbo head that has about 50,000 lux. Or just go with a regular P60 drop-in with a C series bezel.