Need advice on the IncenDio V3

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
Alright, Im about ready to purchase this guy but first I gotta run it by my smarter half(you guys).

I bought the rrt-0 and replaced the switch twice and it still would flash and shut off every four to six clicks. I gave up on it and bought the dereelight c2h and its doing the SAME THING!

I just cant take it...I dont know why I get this bad luck but I just can not find an edc light that will work for me. So the c2h is going back tomorrow and Im thinkin about the IncenDio V3. Love the R2, love the look, and love the look of the new switch!

2 bits of advice before I pull the trigger.

1. Do you think that its possible ill run into the same switch problem?
2. Its much more powerful with rechargables. Can anyone recommend a good 123 charger and batteries that would optimize this light?

Thanks in advance again...you guys never let me down.

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
I think I am going to go with the aw protected 16340s from lighthound.

but there are several different ones.

550mAH 750mAH 900mAH 500mAH

Which is best and what does it really mean. Is there a big difference between these?

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
Hey Josh, I haven't had the greatest experience with LumaPower. Especially the incendio. Simply, I would and will not recommend this light to anyone. Just my thoughts.:thumbsdow

ky70

Banned
I just received this light today and I love it. To help you weight my opinion though, I'm really new to "quality" led flshlights. I just got into this hobby within the last month and now have 4 flashlights (Quark mini 123, ITP A3, Akoray 106 and now the Lumapower Incendio V3).

After figuring out the UI, this is my kind of light (love the spacing of the brightness levels, the lock out feature by half twisting the head, the momentary on functionality, and the tactical one mode functionality). I really like the beam power with the rcr123 (using the AW rcr123 and the ultrafire wf-39 charger) and I also like the beam color. Size is just about perfect for me as the length of the light is basically the same size as the width of my fingers. Love the ability to tailstand with GITD cap and really appreciate the inclusion of the extra rubber cap that protrudes a little past the tail retainer ring (really like this cap when using tactical mode). Con for me would be the very avearge pocket clip...it's serviceable but would be much better if it were a touch wider and thicker(but it's removable and can be replaced by a lanyard ring). A lot of features that I appreciate are packed into this light but like I said, I'm really new at this hobby and only have a half a day spent with this light, but it's a big thumbs up for me so far.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Incendio of the first generation and a V3. I've been very happy with both of them and the switches never failed me. In any case I know that Ricky of Lumapower is behind his products and he takes good care of his customers in case of need.

I use AW's RCR123 cells charged with a TrustFire TR-001 or with a Nano.

Tesla

Enlightened
I own a v3 version and have had no issues...I use standard 123 batteries, though. I love the user interface on this light. I wasn't so sure about it using PWM, but I haven't been able to detect it in normal use.