• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN: McGizmo 2xAA Erin Aleph***TITANIUM GOODNESS***

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:hitit:I just came up with this little treat featuring Don's latest new 2xAA pak, a GDuP CREE three level light engine http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...oducts_id=1092
and an erin0919 aleph 1 style head. This has an awesome flood beam and runs on standard alkaline or rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. This is the perfect size and length to hold in your hand and sports the long lean McGizmo host....definitely one of Don's best ideas yet! Asking $500 shipped in the USA....***NOW ONLY $475 shipped anywhere!***

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: McGizmo 2xAA Erin Aleph***TITANIUM GOODNESS***

Call in the next ten minutes and you too could be the coolest mall cop ever!

Seriously though, that looks nice. Are those Erin heads still available somewhere, or were they a limited run?

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good Luck finding one! I have had several ads in the WTB section with no response and ended up selling my erin host to Donn who ended up selling it to Kenster. I kinda lucked out on this one and had a brain storm that turned out awesome! :devil:

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened

Can it run on 2 alkalines, and if so what is the performance difference with rechargeables, and which AA rechargeables - 3V or 4.2?

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: REDUCED: McGizmo 2xAA Erin Aleph***TITANIUM GOODNESS***

I just bought an ARC mania AA light to check out so I am now asking what I paid for the other light. $475 This light is brand new and has never been carried! It is a great light and when this sells I am building a mule with the same host because it is so cool. DatiLed is working on the light engine and Mirage_man machined a mule style head for me. I figured I could offer this one to someone while I wait for the next one to be built! :popcorn: I would like to thank Don for making this awesome host available and share the wide range of potential applications available with everyone here on CPF.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thinking: Donn...I don't have answers The light engine was $99 from the shop and it is the CREE GDuP 123 and the titanium host is designed for two AA sized cells. I am not sure of the reflector in the aleph 1 head but it produces an amazing amount of flood beam. You are by far more knowledgable than I am but this package knitted together very well and should be very economical to run. I just built it yesterday and have never used it at all. I am concentrating on mule style lights and I have parts I am waiting for from Lumafist for another build. I wish I could provide more info but I am in uncharted waters when it comes to technological data!

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is the light engine I used and I have it set up with standard or alkaline AA primaries or rechargeable AA NiMH cells. I never represented that this could run on a pair of Li ion 14500 cells as this would damage the light engine. I have DatiLed building me a mule version for a different head and he told me that he could only do something that would operate with one 14500 and a dummy cell for a spacer. I guess someone needs to come up with a dual 14500 set up for a light engine. Time to talk to Dark Zero when he comes out of hibernation! :D

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Why did you withdraw this? It was only on the market for a day. Gotta give people (like me) a little time to think it over, you know. I was actually interested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.