Photo request, Novatac with Custom bezels

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanting to get a few ideas of bezel options for my HDS and Novatacs.

Could you please post pics of your custom bezels, would really like to see the non crenelated bezels tall and short ones.

Lets see your bezels

NTti.jpg

Here is a pic of an RPM bezel on my NT

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a photo from a old sales thread of mine (just for the battery tube)

DSC01978.jpg

RPM tall plain bezel
I tried the crenelated bezel but I did not like the way it effected the beam

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
that looks like a good setup you have there, I quite like the plain bezel, cheers:thumbsup:

Barbarian

Enlightened
Mine are all crenelated from RPM. My poor photography skills coupled with a cheap camera, don't do the bezels justice.

coldshot

Newly Enlightened
Barbarian,

Do the RPM bezels leave a gap between the body and the bezel when fully tightened down? I've got a number of different bezels for my HDS lights and most of them leave a gap. I'm interested in picking up an RPM, but not if it has the gap.

Here is a HDS that I bought from Senna (his photo). Notice the gap.

HDSB42XRGT.jpg

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey coldshot you got my B42, I ended up getting senna's U60GT

Here it is with an RPM bezel, there is a gap but no where near as much as your gap, I switched around the bezels just for you. The one you see on the NT is a polished up stock one

HPIM1254.jpg

Hmm dont know what happened to that pic, I have some free photoshop software at the moment so your just going to have to put up with that

Last edited:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL no. Now your confused, you did and have got the B42 and I got the U60, I was meaning you got the B42 that I had my eyes on when he was selling them, the U60 was a backup option

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short, scallop-free, bead-blasted Titanium by tranquility base:

102o3ev.jpg

classic PEU Stainless slotted bezel:
This picture may disappear soon when my account expires:
trit_bezel2.jpg

Last edited:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet, I have just ordered 2 SS ones like yours from RPM.

Have you got a UCL in there cause I aint seein no glass behind that bezel and my HDS lens isnt that see through

Barbarian

Enlightened
coldshot,

I consider the RPM bezels a damn near perfect fit. I don't think I would use the word gap at all. At most, you can get some dental floss in the opening. To me it is no different than the stock NovaTac bezel.

Don't hesitate to buy some, they're great.

Barbarian

Enlightened
I also want to remind anyone that puts a bezel on a NovaTac to first loosen the head from the battery tube, then re-tighten the bezel. This allows you to get the bezel as tight as possible.

bansuri

Enlightened
I also want to remind anyone that puts a bezel on a NovaTac to first loosen the head from the battery tube, then re-tighten the bezel. This allows you to get the bezel as tight as possible.

That may be model specific. On my 120 EDC merely loosening the battery tube wouldn't make any difference, however, loosening the retaining ring would allow you to tighten down the bezel all the way. Unfortunately in doing so you would separate the face of the light engine from the flange that it rests on robbing it of a valuable path to dissipate heat.
So, as always, YMMV. Mine is SN32756 with a spring on the (+) contact.

Oh yeah, you can get some decent leverage by holding the crenelations against the handle of some small pliers laid on your work surface and pushing while twisting.

Somebody post a link to the Trit Bezel!
must.have.