Best bright, tactical strobe, under 10" ??

djc430

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for opinions on the best tactical light, with strobe. The light will be for potential self defense The strobe feature I've been seeing around looks effective. I frequently visit large cities, like Philadelphia, that do not honor concealed hand gun permits. So, I'm looking for an alternative.

I don't have much knowledge of lights. That's why I'm here, to ask the experienced and experts.

- Bright
- Coat pocket size, under 10"
- tactical
- Strobe?

Thanks in advance for the help

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would definitely suggest the HDS RA Tactical Clicky in either 140 or 170 lumens.

http://uniquetitanium.com/ra_lights.htm

The Tactical Strobe function of the HDS RA Tactical lights is truly annoying and effective.

This is not to say that you should bet your life on it's potential ability to disorient and neutralize an attacker. But it could buy you a couple of critical seconds in which to run or grab something, basically whatever your training and/or adrenaline tells you to do at the time.

It gets my vote for the strobe-functioned to EDC. Plus, it is a truly amazing and well-built/top-notch light anyway.:thumbsup:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much are you willing to spend, and what kind of batteries do you want to use?

The Maglite XL100 is $40 and uses 3AAA's. Has strobe and is decently bright. Also made in USA. :thumbsup: Click my sig image to read my review. :)

Last edited: