straight survivor

copykat

Newly Enlightened
I tested an led survivor by streamlight and was very impressed but I'm not crazy about the right angle. does anyone know of a straight 4AA (2+2) not inline just like the survivor which I believe has variable voltage and a focusable lens?It could be more than 4AA. I dont want to get crazy with the $$ either, <$100. I like streamlight, pelican, fenix, surefire, any quality light.

carrot

Flashaholic
What could you possibly want with a 4AA light? It would be absurdly long... In any case, look for the 3AA Mini Maglite LED, which may or may not have been discontinued but is still indeed a fine light.

TheChief

Newly Enlightened
What could you possibly want with a 4AA light? It would be absurdly long... In any case, look for the 3AA Mini Maglite LED, which may or may not have been discontinued but is still indeed a fine light.

Streamlight and Pelican (and a few others, I'm sure) make some 4AA lights where the batteries are 2 rows of two, not 4 all in a row. I have a Pelican incan Stealth with this configuration, it makes a good hand-sized light.

Copykat, Streamlight makes several polymer bodied lights in the 2x2AA configuration you're talking about, but I don't think the output is nearly as high as the Survivor. Are you looking for a rechargeable or something else?

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Oh, whoops. I read it as he's looking for a 4 cell long body.

Streamlight Propolymer 4AA Lux is one popular model.

An excellent choice is the LED version of the Underwater Kinetics 4AA, possibly the brighter of the options.