Lowes coupon, which Surefire?

cruisaire

Newly Enlightened
The highly anticipated $10 off a $50 purchase coupon arrived today. I'm new to lights at a "higher than ordinary level". Which Surefire should I get? Should I go Coast instead? This is a light for keeping in arms length in my little pickup.

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
SureFire, don't even bother with Coast. All SF use the 123 Lithium batteries which is good...in a vehicle they won't loose their charge or leak if you don't use it for a long while. Just look to see what kind of switch it is (I think all are forwards/momentary on they sell at Lowes)and how it feels in your hand.

ypsifly

Enlightened
Cost is something I consider when buying a light for my car. Lots of cars get broken into around some of the places I travel, so I go cheaper with car lights than I do with lights I buy for other purposes.

Since Lowes only carries the 6PL and G2L ( I thought they also carried the 9P? ) , I would go with the latter.

One of the lights I keep in the door of my truck is a Lowes Kobalt 3-Watt. I got it on sale for ~$30. Cheap and it has its flaws, but it is bright and won't cost too much to replace.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Get the 6PL.

If you want a brighter light, you can always upgrade to a different drop-in, later.

(Such as a Malkoff M60.) :D