Love The Romisen RC-C6 But Want Better

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the romisen rc-c6 but want a non budget version. Would the dereelight cl1h-v4 nohs be my best bet? I am less concerned with the throw side of the light and more with the hot spot free flood side.

I also don't really get the differences between the 1sm,3sm,1sd and the 3sd anyone know? I think I want the 3sm so I could use cr123,rcr123 and 18650 if I am reading this correctly.

Last edited:

secarob

Newly Enlightened
Is your post a joke secarob?

Yes, but it is directed more at myself than anything.

I have a couple of the Rayovacs and was really impressed with the throw they have. Having read a bit about the RC-C6 on CPF and being the newb that I am I thought there was absolutely no way a light as small as the RC-C6 could have any throw. I went ahead and ordered one and well let's just say the little light blew me away!

I too would be interested to find out if there is a camparably sized light out there that can beat the little Romisen for throw?

madmook

Newly Enlightened
The OP wants flood, not throw.

Dunno what the OP's budget is, but might wanna take a look at some of Zebralight's pure flood models. Those are in the $60 range.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The zebralights are very nice but not terrible bright. Besides the NOHS, I've been considering getting the new mg pli when it comes out, depending on price.

joe1512

Enlightened
What he wants is a light that is adjustable so that it has no hotspot.
The light he listed allows him to go from spot to a pure flood, which means all the power is in the corona.

I too was interested in such a light. All Ive seen are the Deal Extreme lights which are even cheaper.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any such thing. I wish itp would make a flood to throw light that is a bit more powerful. The zebralights look kind of expensive and not particularly powerful. I think youve got the best one going for right now.