CPF & Firefox Personas

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked through a lot of the themes for the new Firefox Persona and was thinking it would be cool to have a CPF theme, there is so many to look through is there is a CPF theme already that I missed?

Seems like their is one for almost everything else so many it can be dizzying.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
There must not be much interest in this. I've been waiting for someone to reply so I could add something I should of mentioned in my other post.

Once you have the Personas add-on, just mousing over the thumbnail samples on the website will instantly show you what your browser will look like, should you choose.. to wear it. Your browser background will change to that Persona with a simple mouse-over. Pretty slick me thinks.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought their might be a little more interest to, to have a CPF Persona would be nice. Lite Me I to think the Persona is really cool the way you can mouse over to change your theme. Its like giving your browser a cool paint job with layers and without having to change your browser layout.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that many of the "Personas" color backgrounds make the fonts in my buttons and Icons in the top rows of the screen , too hard to read ( such as the word "menu" and all my Tab names) They are just Too dark .

I prefer to use FireFox THEMES

If you like the look of wood , try my favorite listed below. It makes ALL buttons and fonts easy to see and read . Everything has a woodgrain pattern (Walnut and Maple) accents .

My favorite
Theme is ............ "Walnut2 for FireFox 1.8.57"

Here is a link to the Description page where you can download it.

let me know what you think of it

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that many of the "Personas" color backgrounds make the fonts in my buttons and Icons in the top rows of the screen , too hard to read ( such as the word "menu" and all my Tab names) They are just Too dark .

I prefer to use FireFox THEMES

If you like the look of wood , try my favorite listed below. It makes ALL buttons and fonts easy to see and read . Everything has a woodgrain pattern (Walnut and Maple) accents .
My favorite
Theme is ............ "Walnut2 for FireFox1.8.57"

let me know what you think of it

I found the same problem but on some of the themes if you just mouse over then you cant see the tool,help,history etc. buttons but if you apply the persona then the buttons will have a color to them. So some of them if you simply mouse over the buttons are blacked out but if you install the persona the buttons(letters) have some sort of color.

It kind of sucks because their is no way to tell if the letters have color or not until you install it. I don't know how true this is for many of them because boy their are so many I have only been through a small fraction of them. The lightning persona I think is the coolest I have seen but way to annoying to actually leave installed because of the constant, well lightning flash.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know - I've moused over and also installed quite a few of the personas .... never found one I'd stay with.

Thats why I recommended the Walnut theme to ya . It's easy to see and read everything .

I just like woodgrain ..... maybe you don't .

But give it a try and see what you think ?

burgessdi

Newly Enlightened
Had to re-install Firefox on Vista (which happens often) :oops:

But, I tried Personas. I like the Elecktro one :)