Help needed badly for my Solarforce.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I purchased a battery/charger package which on the way. The battery is Trustfire/Ultrafire rechargeable cr123 protected and Since charger auto shut-off for my solarforce L2M. I purchased this batteries instead of 18650 because I'm planning to use only 1x123 for my L2m. Or ocassionally use 2x123 with the extension. Are this batteries safe to run on my L2M? Also I don't have any equipment to test for the voltage of the batteries when to charge. Thanks.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00366FTAQ/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

oronocova

Enlightened
I'm in no way an expert on the subject but I would suggest not using the batteries until you have a reliable way to measure the voltage and thereby the approximate charge level of the cells. Also familiarize yourself with the needed precautions and best practices when fooling with Li-Ion by searching around the forums. That's what I did before I started using Li-Ion cells. There are too many threads about accidents to just jump right in.

As to whether or not they are to use or not, it will depend on what drop in you are using and what input voltages it is designed to accept. Check the place where you bought the drop-in or light from, they probably listed something about the voltages in the specs.

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
That module will work between 3V and 8.4V so thats fine for one or two RCR123s.
Just get yourself a DMM so you can monitor the voltages before you use them.

asfaltpiloot

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the batteries will work with your dropin.
Remove the cells directly when the led turns green to prevent overcharging.
Like Firefox said also get a Multimeter to check the voltages.

4.2V – 100%
4.1V – 87%
4.0V – 75%
3.9V – 55%
3.8V – 30%
3.5V – 0%

Have fun with your Solarforce,
Robert.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Thanks for your help guys and I got relief. I'm gona get multimeter asap. Now I know the percentage when to charge the depleted batteries and to took off the batteries from the charger when it's fully charge.