Need help looking for a great flood light

thesmacker11

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a good flood light and need your help. I am also getting a Eagletac M2XC4, so what I am looking for is something that provides much better flood than that. Throw doesnt matter and RCR/CR123A's or 18650's are fine with me. Looking for something about 50ish dollars but up to 100 is fine.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Solarforce host
Malkoff non-flood drop in (M60 for example)
Surefire flip-diffuser for the 6P. So that way you can flood or spot the light whenever you need to. Theres no reason you have to go with either one or the other.

**edit**
Oops I think that might be out of your budget.
Go for a solarforce host and one of their XR-E drop ins + the fore-mentioned SF diffuser.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
zebralight is a pure flood light, ill recommend the H60w (warm tint) uses 1 x 18650. has a 90 degree angled head and is extremely useful, and unique. there is no hotspot, just a wide, even, flood. very nice interface where you can turn it on max, or low, has 3 brghtness settings, and a hidden strobe if you double click it on high. glue some magnets on the bottom of the tail cap, and its usefulness will more than triple.
i have a H501w and if i lost it today, i would order another.

if you want a flashlight that will flood whatever is in front of you, the quark R5 do that very well, because it has a wide hotspot, and wider spill than any small lights ive seen. and its spill is plenty bright especially since its so wide. it doesnt throw well, but for medium to close range usage, its awesome.

joe1512

Enlightened
The itp A6 is a flooder. At 1 foot away, it has about a 3 inch hotspot and about a 2 foot diameter corona. At least 50% of the total energy Id estimate goes into the corona.

Color is a neutral white and it has very distinct low, medium, high with high up to 700 lumens which generates a LOT of floody goodness. :)

It uses 6xAA batteries. A 30 dollar eneloop pack from amazon gets you a charger, 8xAA and 2xAAAs. The extras give you a headstart on batteries you can use around the house for your other electronics (unlike the relatively useless 18650s).

If you already have rechargable AAs, this is a great way to go. If you have a need for AAs,AAAs, this is a good choice too. If you already have 18650s+charger, then its still a decent choice, but you might get more leverage elsewhere.
That said, 400+ lumen 18650 lights are relatively rare in the same price range. The better brands go for over 100 bucks typically. You could consider taking one of the P7 1x18650s on Deal Exchange, but then there are quality control risks, etc to deal with.

Last edited:

gilly

Enlightened
Olight M21 is a nice floody light with the SST-50 emitter. Takes 123s or 18650s. New it is over your budget but you might be able to get one used on the Marketplace....

thesmacker11

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I shall get the P20C2 Mark II. Anyone know how much more spill/flood this provides compared to the M2XC4?

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
The Duracell Daylite 160 using CR123's is the best flood flashlight I've found. Available thru Ace Hardware store (online).

UpChUcK

Enlightened
May I suggest a nailbender SST-90 in a SolarForce P60 host? Mine is literally a "wall of light".

IMG_1552.JPG