HELP!!! I need a REPO MAN flash light.

RepoMan84

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys i need your help. I have been looking online for a flashlight for the last few days and I'm more confused then ever. I was really need your help.

I need the brightest flashlight I can buy with at least a 2 hour rating. It doesn't matter what type of battery or how much. I have seen many types from the Torch that burns paper to the home depot type lights. I think I'm ready to buy the TK11 which gives me 225 lumen's for 2 hours and priced really cheap..I just wanted to make sure there weren't any better flashlights that I was missing out on before I made a purchase.

As for the use of the flashlight...we mostly use it to find house numbers in the dark and look for addresses in rural areas. So we need a good throw I guess. HELPPPPP!! Thank you.

droeun

Newly Enlightened
I'd get the M20 Warrior - it throws very far for a small light.

Just my thoughts.

carrot

Flashaholic
Quark Turbo 123. It throws better than the TK11, is 230 lumens for 2 hours, and is tough as nails.

Also, the TK11 is awkwardly balanced, the Turbo is more comfortable to use for long periods of time.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds like you need something with really good throw.

check out the....
Jetbeam RRT-1
Dereelight DBS
Tiablo A-10g

these lights are a bit longer, and have a big head for maxium throw. and are best used with 1 x 18650 cell. if you dont mind having a bigger light using 2 x 18650 batteries, the Thrunite Catapult, or Jetbeam M1X or jetbeam M2S will do the job easily, but might provide too much light and alert the residents.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the Quark Turbo 2x123.

Quark Turbo 123. It throws better than the TK11, is 230 lumens for 2 hours, and is tough as nails.

Also, the TK11 is awkwardly balanced, the Turbo is more comfortable to use for long periods of time.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight DBS with MC-E :thumbsup:

Then head on over to Nailbenders P60 thread and purchase his SST-50 2.5A drop-in. The drop-in has 3 modes, so you can go for hours and hours when high is not needed. This will gurantee you 500 plus real out the front lumens.

About $120ish for the DBS MC-E light
$78~$90 for the P60 SST-50 from Nailbender
$9 for Arctic Silver 5, needed for the threads of the P60 pill
$18 bucks for the WF-139 charger
$30ish for 2 AW 2600mAh 18650 cells.

Good luck,
bigC

daimleramg

Banned
If you want one of the best throwers without an aspheric lens:

Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1

With FM's 2x26500 host

DSC_0113.jpg

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Masterpiece make 1950ish lux at 5 meters:twothumbs:twothumbs

but, the OTF lumens are really really bad. You would need a UCL lens purchased seperately, but even then its not going anywhere near 200 OTF.

It throws exceptionally well though.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider the O light M-30 It has the power and an instant strobe that could come in handy.
In the event that you need to enter a vehicle, strongly suggest you carry a powerful (inova X5/)ultra violet LED. You want to know what:sick2: is on the surface areas your encounter.

Last edited:

daimleramg

Banned
The Masterpiece make 1950ish lux at 5 meters:twothumbs:twothumbs

but, the OTF lumens are really really bad. You would need a UCL lens purchased seperately, but even then its not going anywhere near 200 OTF.

It throws exceptionally well though.

Did you test it with 2x li-ions? Because it runs off 1 li-ion ok but with 2 it really shines.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight DBS with MC-E :thumbsup:

Then head on over to Nailbenders P60 thread and purchase his SST-50 2.5A drop-in. The drop-in has 3 modes, so you can go for hours and hours when high is not needed. This will gurantee you 500 plus real out the front lumens.

About $120ish for the DBS MC-E light
$78~$90 for the P60 SST-50 from Nailbender
$9 for Arctic Silver 5, needed for the threads of the P60 pill
$18 bucks for the WF-139 charger
$30ish for 2 AW 2600mAh 18650 cells.

Good luck,
bigC

Why would you spend the money on the MC-E if you're just going to replace the pill? You can get a Dereelight DBS host here for $49 and a light OP reflector here for $20. Then buy the SST-50 from nailbender etc.

+1 on this setup

pwatcher

Enlightened
sounds like you need something with really good throw.

check out the....
Jetbeam RRT-1
Dereelight DBS
Tiablo A-10g

these lights are a bit longer, and have a big head for maxium throw. and are best used with 1 x 18650 cell. if you dont mind having a bigger light using 2 x 18650 batteries, the Thrunite Catapult, or Jetbeam M1X or jetbeam M2S will do the job easily, but might provide too much light and alert the residents.
I have an RRT-1 for sale at the marketplace! Also suggest OP consider Fenix TA30.

crazyaboutleds

Newly Enlightened
I've been very impressed with the Jetbeam M1X. 450 lumens OTF with a throw of 500+ yards and runtimes up to 3 hours on two 18650 rechargeables (2 hours on four CR123s). And it has a user programmable mode that you can set to a slow to fast strobe or from max to low (10 lumens) with a runtime of up to 300 hours. And it is very solidly built with a crenelated bezel.

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
I think the Quark Turbo is a good choice as it is very compact compared to all these super-throwers that people have suggested. If the OP is trying to check house numbers, the occupants of the houses being checked out probably don't want hundreds of lumens blasting through the front windows, so multi- or large-die lights don't make sense to me.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you test it with 2x li-ions? Because it runs off 1 li-ion ok but with 2 it really shines.

I take my comment back:crackup: I mistook it for the Skyline I and Skyline II.

The Masterpiece R2 makes 226.2 OTF with 2 IMR 16340 cells:thumbsup:

The sample I have as I type has a lens that doesn't appear to be AR coated. This leads me to believe that 240~250 OTF can be possible with a UCL lens from Flashlightens.com

My lux readings at 5 meters suggests the calculated 1 meter readings are north of 48,000 lux.

The DBS I recomend is brighter, but the Masterpiece throws way more.

good luck,
bigC

Greg G

Enlightened
Some good recommendations for lights with throw, but a strange thread.

If I was a repo man, the last thing I'd do is light up a house and alert the occupants.

A good quality GPS unit, a few minutes on GoogleEarth beforehand, and a stealthy approach would be safer for everyone involved.

There was a DBS with R5 pill in the MP a few days ago for ~$100. Maybe it's still there. That would be a good light if you don't want to spend a lot.

ETA: It's still there at $90. I started to buy this myself last week. A bargain IMO.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=214988

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would you spend the money on the MC-E if you're just going to replace the pill? You can get a Dereelight DBS host here for $49 and a light OP reflector here for $20. Then buy the SST-50 from nailbender etc.

+1 on this setup

I have a thread where I record all my IS Sphere readings and nobody has ever tested the Dereelight MC-E 2.1A P60 drop-in. Plus, the MC-E pill fits my empty Surefire 6P hosts:thumbsup:

More importantly; I wanted the DBS turbo head to test my other P60 drop-ins, but only the DBS MC-E allows for any P60 pill to be used. If I had purchased the DBS XP-G R5 I wouldn't be able to fit any MC-E, R2, SST-50, or P4 drop-ins. Plus Jay has them on clearance.

Last edited: