Is the EagleTac T20C2 MKII no longer available?

somename

Newly Enlightened
I was trying to find MIKE@PTS's post from Jan about the new ET UI and decided to check the ET website http://www.eagletac.com/flashlights/t20c2.html

But I can't find the T20C2 MKII version, just the version with the 300 lumens instead of 380 lumens.
Is the T20C2 MKII delayed, is there a change that is still being made?
I don't understand the concept of having new products out without showing them on the manufacturers website.

Can I buy the T20C2 MKII version with the Neutral white ( is the XP-E the newest?) with the OP reflector and also buy the smooth reflector and then interchange them to find the one I like best?

Also, if I buy the MKII version with the XP-E neutral, is ET going to sell the LED XP-G R5 head so I can also switch between the neutral and cool white?

If they are, any idea what the price may be on the XP-G R5 drop-in conversion?

One last question, Mike the T20C2 MKII XP-E neutral and XP-G cool white shown at Eagletac-usa and PTS, are these the newest lights with the new UI?

Thanks!

RTTR

Newly Enlightened
There never was a 380 lumen version, they are advertising the MKII as 380 lamp lumens it really is 300 out the front lumens, which is still one of the brightest lights out for its size. And No the MKII isn't discontinued or delayed, buddy of mine just bought one from the EagleTac USA website on Friday.

Last edited:

somename

Newly Enlightened
There never was a 380 lumen version, they are advertising the MKII as 380 lamp lumens it really is 300 out the front lumens, which is still one of the brightest lights out for its size. And No the MKII isn't discontinued or delayed, buddy of mine just bought one from the EagleTac USA website on Friday.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was also trying to find Mike's post from January 17th-ish because I thought it made mention of drop-in pills for the MKII version and I thought there was mention of different colors too, but I can't be sure since I didn't finish the posts and now I can't locate them.

As far as the manufacturer, this is what I was concerned with:
http://eagletac.com/flashlights/t20c2.html

This has to be the original T20C2 and it is advertised at 300 lumens with the older LEDs
quote EagleTac.com
"Cree XR-E R2 3W LED (C.W.) / CREE XR-E Q4 3W LED (N.W.)"

So I figured Eagletac.com would be advertising the new MKII XP-G series at 380 Lumens like on Eagletac-usa.com?

Maybe its a common thing to sell products before advertising them since it appears the TK12R2 is not listed for Fenix yet even though they are selling. :thinking:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
This has to be the original T20C2 and it is advertised at 300 lumens with the older LEDs
quote EagleTac.com
"Cree XR-E R2 3W LED (C.W.) / CREE XR-E Q4 3W LED (N.W.)"

:thinking:

The old one was advertised as 300 emitter lumens, and OTF was around 260.

These are being advertised as 380 emitter lumens and OTF of 300.

Some vendors will list either emitter or OTF. It gets a bit confusing.

somename

Newly Enlightened
They have it here: http://www.pinnacleflashlights.com/eagletac-t20c2-mark-ii-cool-p-208.html

Looks like 380 lumens at the led and 300 out of the front lumens...?

I would probably go with the EagleTac listed dealers (eagletac-usa). It bothers me when the specs page lists different information all over it such as here:
http://www.pinnacleflashlights.com/eagletac-t20c2-mark-ii-cool-p-208.html

That lists the light with the XP-G in the quick info, but in the text it lists the LED as the "CREE XR-G Premium emitter" twice.

I'm not very LED fluent, but I thought there was a difference between the XR and XP series so I'd be relectant to buy from them.

I guess since there are many locations selling the MKII series Eagletac lights, EagleTac.com is just behind on updating their products pages.

Does anyone have the link to an old post by Mike@PTS regarding the new UI on the T20C2 MKII? The posting was in January I believe and it mentioned some of the new changes to the new MKII series.

Thanks!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is no such thing as the XR-G emitter.
it is probably a typo, and is meant to be "XP-G"