Single Cell CR123 Light Wanted, Which One?

umc

Enlightened
Hey all,

Here is yet another annoying thread by me. I'm (not sure why) still in the market for the "best" single cell cr123 light out there and after my last thread and spending hours everyday on here the jury is still out.

So, a little history, I've been carrying a Fenix P2D for quite some time and have been happy with it but haven't bought a light in a while so figured I would change up my edc.

I'm looking for something that is bright as possible in a single cr123, has as much throw as possible and multiple modes, programmable would be nice. It needs to be able to tail stand and have a clip.

So, I ordered a Nitecore EX10sp and like it but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for so I ordered a a Ra Clicky Exec 170 (haven't received it yet) but think it will be closer to what I'm looking for although I think I'll want more than the 4 modes at once so I just ordered a Quark Regular 123 with clip.

That being said I'm thinking about picking up a Liteflux LF3XT but am not sure on that yet, still researching. The Jetbeam rrt-0 looks interesting but have read a few bad reviews so I'm not sure on that either.

I'm concerned if I don't get some help I'm going to just keep buying lights to no end and I really don't want to do that.

I think with the lights I have listed I pretty much have them covered but what else is out there that I should take a look at?

There is no budget so suggest away.

Again, sorry for another annoying what light should I get thread but I appreciate the help.

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
there were known problems with the jetbeam rtt-0 1.0,but were fixed on the next edition of the light.
i got one (2.0 version),and works like a charm,no problems at all with it.

beautiful light.get one.you wont be dissapointed

glockpoppin

Newly Enlightened
What about a Quark CR123, either normal or tactical?
My suggestion would be a SureFire E1B or a NovaTac 120(any model)I used to EDC a Fenix PD20, but I have had two of them fail on me because of 1 meter drops..opps.I have drop tested my NovaTac and E1B from 1 meter multiple times with NO problems..Go with the SF E1B if you want a thrower or the NovaTac if you want more flood. Both are GREAT lights with great CS from both companies..I also got a newer PD20+ with the pocket clip and the R2 emitter..I was disapointed! Blueish tinted beam, and the beamshot was just HORRIBLE! It had artifacts, and the beam just was not clean..The older PD20 Q5 had a CLEANER beam and hotspot transition to spill. I also lost the pocket clip to the PD20+ R2 and Fenix nor its dealers can find me a replacement...The CS from Fenix is :thumbsdow. I think this will be my last.........

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No budget... McGizmo Haiku. It may not fit a few criteria, but really...
If you feel bad about having too many lights, I can provide my shipping address! :grin2:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1B cant tailstand, I'd stick with your RA, they are good solid lights and customer service should be pretty decent too, I was going to suggest getting a Novatac 120P but its pretty similair to the RA, and for me anyway very good customer service

umc

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll have to look at the Novatac 120P but isn't that topped out at 120 lumens?

FYI, I have 2 Surefire E1B's (check sig:grin2:) and just ordered at Quark Regular 123 today (check OP:grin2:)

Going to google the Novatac now as well as the McGizmo Haiku

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah only 120, but its an easy job to swap the emitter and it will stomp all over the 170 lumens RA if you put a Luxeon K2 in there, I gestimate 240 emitter lumens

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Novatac 120E. Yes it is 120 lumens. Most of my use is on the lowest setting anyway. Brighter eats batteries. :grin2:

umc

Enlightened
Since I have the Quark Regular 123 on order I was wondering after reading about the Quark Tactical, would it be possible to take the tail cap off of the Regular and put it on the Tactical so that I could have a programmable Quark that tail stands?

Also, what more can you say about the LF3XT and the RRT-0 in comparison to the rest of the lineup.

glockpoppin

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, Now I see your sig and that you want a tailstander...Forget the E1B then.. I would highly recommend the Novatac 120 with a K2 emitter upgrade. Just got mine back today :) !!!Cant wait until nighttime!

umc

Enlightened
Why not just install a Z68 tailcap ($38.00) on your E1B.
This "IMO" really enhances the E1B's overall feel & utility.

I do like my E1B but for EDC I don't like high to come on first but do like it while carrying at night hence wanting something I can program or like the EX10sp, I like that I can have it on low during the day but then ramp it up at night and it remembers the last setting. It's easy to set and that's a good feature to me. Or like with my P2D I can just twist the head at night and be ready for turbo mode...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
.. I would highly recommend the Novatac 120 with a K2 emitter upgrade. Just got mine back today :) !!!Cant wait until nighttime!

who did it? where? how much?? I've got a 120P waiting!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've had a long standing love affair with the LF3XT. Kind of a poor man's Ra. Not as tough, but maybe more programmable. But, it's not the brightest for your buck, nor the smallest, though it is a good bit smaller than a Ra or Novatac.

I'll also suggest you save even more and just get a Quark Mini 123. It so darn small and bright it's easy to forgive it not being a clickie. And slide-on AA light clips will work on it. I've pretty much stopped carrying my LiteFlux (not totally) because the Mini is so.....mini.

Geoff

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you can find it, the Jet II Pro IBS might suit your needs, 3 modes each individually programmable so you never have to see strobe SOS etc unless you want to. Max IIRC is 225 lumens and till the Nitecore SR3 came out, i think it held the spot as best 1xCR123 thrower.

umc

Enlightened
I'm totally out of control.

I just ordered the LF3XT and almost just went for the Quark Mini 123 on your suggestion Geoff. Tell me more about why you switched to that over the LF3XT. That may just be a tomorrow purchase.:devil:

Looking at the JetBeam IBS now....:sssh:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
You will not regret buying the LF3XT. The only reason I tend to carry the Mini more recently is as I said, it's just so small. I actually carry the LF3XT's little brother, the LF2XT even more, because it's smaller still (at least skinnier). Just a matter of personal preference, not liking big lumps in my pocket or using holsters. Having the programming of the LiteFlux lights kind of spoils you for most others. I have made an exception for the Mini 123, and when it is carried it's hanging from a belt loop into the pocket. I'll still have the LF2XT with me, too. The LiteFlux's are still my favorites.

Geoff