Anyone have some Neutral white beam shots with the ET T20C2 MKII ?

somename

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at several lights and keep coming back to the T20C2 MKII but would like to see how the drop in lumens with the neutral white affects the view.

Ideally looking for outdoor shots out to about 80 feet with some background like done here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2995235

Ideal beam for me is lots of spill so I don't have to shine the light where I am going to step next. But a nice hot spot is needed for really highlighting objects in the distant, just as in the current pictures with the T20C2 MKII.

Those outdoor/backyard pictures show exactly the comparison I want to see since I'm not going to be trying to spot someone 140 meters away, about 85-100 feet is perfect for hiking for me.

somename

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone here have the T20C2 MKII with the XP-E Neutral ?

Just wondering if I should go for the XP-G instead of the lower lumen XP-E.
100% of use will be outdoors.

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
I'll third that, i'm rather interested if the large drop in lumens is worth the neutral tint (P20A2 goes from 230 to 150!)...

somename

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any beam shots with the Neutral XP-E ?

I have a few other questions concerning this new information:
http://webpages.charter.net/tackledog/ET 2010.pdf

Is there going to be both the Cool White and Neutral drop-in modules?

Anyone know the time frame for the modules? All released at once or starting with the CW or Neutral?

I am REALLY looking forward to the RED, GREEN, and IR drop in Modules!! :twothumbs

I assume the CW drop-in would be the XP-G 380 lumen, but is the Neutral drop-in the XP-E with 170 lumens?
Or is there going to be a XP-G Neutral white with higher lumens? :poke:

Basically should I go ahead and get the XP-E neutral because the neutral drop-in will be the same LED? Or should I get the XP-G and then wait for a XP-G Neutral?

Really hope I can get some answers to this.. :candle:

wingnut86

Banned
Anyone have any beam shots with the Neutral XP-E ?

I have a few other questions concerning this new information:
http://webpages.charter.net/tackledog/ET 2010.pdf

Is there going to be both the Cool White and Neutral drop-in modules?

Anyone know the time frame for the modules? All released at once or starting with the CW or Neutral?

I am REALLY looking forward to the RED, GREEN, and IR drop in Modules!! :twothumbs

I assume the CW drop-in would be the XP-G 380 lumen, but is the Neutral drop-in the XP-E with 170 lumens?
Or is there going to be a XP-G Neutral white with higher lumens? :poke:

Basically should I go ahead and get the XP-E neutral because the neutral drop-in will be the same LED? Or should I get the XP-G and then wait for a XP-G Neutral?

Really hope I can get some answers to this.. :candle:

I contacted EagleTac, here is what I wrote, followed by what EagleTac wrote.

Email Subject: P20C2 MKII
Email Content:

Will the new version(MKII)of the P20C2 be available with the CREE Q4-5A emitter?

Also, what can you tell me about the drop-ins for this light? Will both the CREE XP-G R5 and Neutral White option be available, and is there a date of availability yet, as well as a target price for these drop-ins?

Hi, *****

The default of P20C2 MKII is XP-G R5 LED. We also offer CREE XP-E Q4 neutral white and other color of LED drop-ins. The price of Drop-in will be below $25.

I also contacted EagleTac-USA, Here is my question, followed by ET-USA's answer.

Just wondering if there is an ETA for the EagleTac Drop-in Modules, specifically the ET21 Neutral White. Thanks.

Hi *****,
We should get some in around the first week in March.

Just thought I'd share some info...

somename

Newly Enlightened
Thanks wingnut86 for getting some answers!
A drop-in price of < $25 isn't too bad but I wonder if the reflector is part of the drop-in? :thinking:

I would hate to have to buy 2 XP-G modules (~$50) to determine if the smooth reflector was better than the OP reflector. That would be a little $$ excessive.

I guess I'll find out in a few short days since they should be getting their modules soon. :popcorn:

wingnut86

Banned
Thanks wingnut86 for getting some answers!
A drop-in price of < $25 isn't too bad but I wonder if the reflector is part of the drop-in? :thinking:

It is all one piece, so the reflector is part of the drop-in. The XP-G and XP-E should give pretty nice beams in a smooth reflector. I have the P20C2 XP-G in an OP reflector and it is pretty good.

I would expect the T20C2 drop-ins to arrive when the P20C2 ones do, I just don't know if they will be under $25 like the P20 modules...

Last edited:

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
that's remarkably cheap for the drop ins from my perspective... 8h run time on neutral and the R5s at general mode, this looks great for a bike light...