• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 360nm UV 5mm LEDs

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, I'm just putting a feeler out on UV LEDs.:poke:
I have some Fox Group 5mm UV LEDs on the way.
http://www.thefoxgroupinc.com/index.php? option=com_content&view=article&id=74&Itemid=68

They are very expensive in small qtys. Two of them plus shipping cost me over $20, so I bought many and can offer some here for $3.60ea. + shipping.

Part #: FG360-R5--WC015
(looks like ordinary 5mm epoxy LED)
Peak wave length: 361nm, half power points at +/- 5nm (approx)
Lifetime: retains over 90% output after 1200 hours at 20ma
Typical Vf at 20ma is 3.8
30ma max, 80ma pulse
Ordinary handling precautions: static sensitive, 5v max reverse, DO NOT look into operating LED!

These LEDs will output very little visible light but will make objects light that fluoresce from 360nm radiation.

I will post pictures when I receive them.

ptolemy

Enlightened
i'll take 3, pm me paypal please! :)

any idea how intense they are? nichia's cost $100+ per chip but those big boys put out a ton on energy

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I expect them in Fri or Mon.

I will test them to see how bright they fluoresce some materials. They have to be of good quality or I won't resell them. Don't think my light meter will cover down to 360 nanometers though. Cryhavoc sold some of these several months back. I was going to send him some Nichia GS LEDs for one, but he was sold out. Can anyone fill me in who have tried these before?

Here is the spec sheet:
http://www.thefoxgroupinc.com/PDF/foxuv/360/Spec SheetFGL5360WC15_5mm round_RevB_July06.pdf

ptolemy

Enlightened
I expect them in Fri or Mon.

I will test them to see how bright they fluoresce some materials. They have to be of good quality or I won't resell them. Don't think my light meter will cover down to 360 nanometers though. Cryhavoc sold some of these several months back. I was going to send him some Nichia GS LEDs for one, but he was sold out. Can anyone fill me in who have tried these before?

Here is the spec sheet:
http://www.thefoxgroupinc.com/PDF/foxuv/360/Spec SheetFGL5360WC15_5mm round_RevB_July06.pdf

that be awesome if u can test them
i want to make a mag with like 3 x xpg and 3 x of these...something along those lines:)

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fox Group 360nm LEDs have arrived. Please see my review in the LED forum. They are NOT ideal for making fluorescent paints/materials glow. Since the output is fairly deep in the UV range, protect your eyes when experimenting.

• Price is $3.60 per LED (USD)
  • Please get 5 max so others may try them (I have only 18 to sell)
  • Shipping depends on your location + 50 cents for the bubble mailer.
  • Verified PayPal only (I can accept checks within the US and they must clear before LEDs ship)
  • I will not cheat on customs forms
  • Available to CPF members with 20 or more posts. (I don't want to deal with potential fraudsters.)

Private message me for quote. First come first served.
John

mwaldron

Enlightened
I received a response to my PM, and :paypal: for my 3.

Thanks for doing the legwork and organizing this!

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys!:twothumbs

For those who have paid, the LEDs have shipped (as of 12 noon EST, March 9th)

I still have two LEDs available.
Thanks, John