Laser-like beam? Which light?

SirJMD

Newly Enlightened
Its quite simple.. Which flashlight at max $200, will produce the tightest beam?

:naughty: Gotta find something to spend my hard earned money on!

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
DEFT FTP will be by far the tightest and longest throwing beam pattern available, just stick it in the search bar :thumbsup:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course you may have trouble spending your money on a DEFT. In the last (3 weeks)?? Only 10 have been built/sold. As for lights you can buy....the Tiablo A10G is gonna be the tightest beam, farthest throwing light out there. Second place I'd say the Jetbeam RRT-1.

carrot

Flashaholic
A laser has a laser-like beam... but aside from that a good aspheric will acheive the results you are looking for.

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
How about spotlights?

The Stanley 5W rechargeable LED spotlight is a pretty good thrower for $40 or so. It's a spotlight form factor, but it's much smaller compared to most spotlights. It's not really that much bulkier than a 2D Maglight, and weighs less.

The Coleman 500 lumen LED spotlight is much bigger but much brighter.

The Stanley HID light throws 3000 lumens for $70 or so. Big and bulky, the center spot is pretty tight, but has a pretty good bit of spill.

jblackwood

Enlightened
The OP has phrased this like a clue on Jeopardy! The answer really can only be (as was mentioned before):

What is the DEFT-FTP, Alex?

There should be more back in stock soon. I have the Stanley HID and a couple of other LED spotlights that I got in search of real hand-held power. None of them compare. Don't get me wrong, the Stanley blows it away as far as output, but it's so much heavier than my DEFT and only runs about 15-30 minutes on one charge, the battery isn't replaceable either! Basically, you get what you pay for in both cases, the Stanley and the DEFT. The DEFT is worth the wait!:thumbsup:

EDIT: I own three Dereelight DBS lights too. One has the Aspheric setup with an R2 pill. It's really quite comparable to the DEFT as long as the distance isn't that far . . . as soon as you start talking yards instead of feet, though, the DEFT just keeps on throwing and throwing.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
A laser has a laser-like beam... but aside from that a good aspheric will acheive the results you are looking for.

Here's what you get for being so mean all the time :crackup:

DSCF1421_001.jpg

George

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Not at all familiar with the other lights that have been posted but I can say the the Surefire E1B has a nice tight beam with considerable throw.

SirJMD

Newly Enlightened
Any good place to order Tiablo A9 + aspherical or DBS R2 + aspherical (maby even in EU??) ??

No, a laser has a laser beam - if it were laser-like, it wouldnt be laser....... :ohgeez:

Apollo Cree --> I have my home made 35W HID spot - it can light up objects 500m away. But its a bit big.. i dont expect a LED based light to throw 500m :)

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Incan count?

I have a incan bulb (unknow origin) running in Mag 1C 18650 which gives a laser like beam with hot spot smaller than Mag Aspherical.

That makes me wonder if incan can beat aspehrical led interms of smallest beam angle.