CPF Closing In On A Milestone

nbp

Flashaholic
That's crazy!! I'm member 35583 I believe. I thought that was a high number, but some 65000 people have joined since I joined. Unbelievable :eek:
Ironically, it's a lot of the same names I see around now as I did then. I still wish I had found this place earlier, but I'm just glad I found it. Hurrah for CPF! lovecpf

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF has grown a lot since I got here, I love how the admins have kept it nice and neat for all to enjoy.

Thank you for all you do!

AlexGT

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just right click on your name or avatar, click properties, and your number is at the end of the address line.

Geoff

Edit: I remember when I first joined being amazed and pleased that there were so many other folks with an interest in lights.

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
well.. i think i am number sixtyone thousand something.. several thousands have joinded since. 30 thousand or so.. in little over a years time..

we are gaining momentum ..fast.. and we might be still a small group but one day we will be like facebook! hahah.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked; I am member # 2111. There have been almost 98,000 members that have joined since? Amazing. I have been kicking around CPF almost daily for what will be, in a few weeks, 7 years!

Holy Flashahol, Batman!

:faint:

Greta

Flashaholic
Hate to burst bubbles but that number means nothing. Probably a good third are spammers who have been banned. I do not delete their accounts because if I did, they would be able to re-use their email address to register again. This way they have to work a bit harder. A good measure of the busy-ness of CPF is the number of unique visitors who log in each day... which is a number that you all can't see. And that number is, on average, about 2800.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Grashelly :)

Thanks for the cool stats. On the main page, what qualifies as an "active member"? That's probably also a good measure of how many people are actually visiting the board too, right? Is it people who visited in the last year or something?

Greta

Flashaholic
Active members are people who have logged in at least once in the past 30 days. I have not been able to determine if that includes the spammers who log in and get banned but I think it does.

Burgess

Flashaholic
It's now at 100,022.

One way or another, we made it !

:party:

Wonder who # 100,000 is ? ? ?

_

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sigh . . . .

Well, i'm hoping that # 200,000 will be a Real CPF'er.

:popcorn:
_

JWP_EE

Enlightened
Ever since the start of this thread I have been playing a game. After I open CPF I use new tabs to open say "THE CAFE" and then another tab to open a thread under it. So when I am all done getting one of my daily CPF fixes and the original tab is still open I scroll down to the statistics and note the number of members and active members and then refresh the page. More times then not the number of members goes up and the active members number goes down.

To me this means that during the time of my "CPF fix" (30 - 60 minutes) more active members hit the 30 days of inactivity then the number of new sign ups. It may be due to the spammers that Greta mentioned or may be just the way the data base is updated.

Anyway I am having fun watching and just wondered if anyone else noticed.

Latest posts