• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold FM 1 x 26500 , Nailbender MCE Tower, Surefire KT2 Turbohead LEGO

warx23

Enlightened
I know Ill regret this but like most of us Im off to another project. This light has the most perfect beam Ive seen to date. Perfect hot spot, no cross hair, incredible throw and Massive spill. Fits perfect in the hand also. As the title says, Fm 26500 body, A killer MCE tower by Nailbender 3 speed (low, mid and high) and a perfect KT turbo head. All pieces are in excellent condition.

Sold Asking $265 shipped conus.

fmkt2_06.jpg

fmkt2_10.jpg

fmkt2_09.jpg

fmkt2_05.jpg

fmkt2_04.jpg

fmkt2_02.jpg

fmkt2_01.jpg

wink2.gif

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FM 1 x 26500 , Nailbender MCE Tower, Surefire KT2 Turbohead LEGO

Very nice. I see that two copper shims were used to raise up the MC-E to the right focus height. I also see that the label states that the MC-E is an M flux bin, WG tint bin. Good stuff. What's the drive current and how is the MC-E wired? Based on the last photo that shows a voltage range of 3.6V to 6V, I would have guessed an AMC7135-type driver and a 4P MC-E. But the last and 2nd to last photos also seem to show two wires on each side, not one, which might suggest 2S2P. But the only way 1xLi-ion is going to run a 2S2P MC-E is if the driver is a boost driver. I'd love to know about a 1.4A boost driver if that's the case.

ptolemy

Enlightened

Very nice. I see that two copper shims were used to raise up the MC-E to the right focus height. I also see that the label states that the MC-E is an M flux bin, WG tint bin. Good stuff. What's the drive current and how is the MC-E wired? Based on the last photo that shows a voltage range of 3.6V to 6V, I would have guessed an AMC7135-type driver and a 4P MC-E. But the last and 2nd to last photos also seem to show two wires on each side, not one, which might suggest 2S2P. But the only way 1xLi-ion is going to run a 2S2P MC-E is if the driver is a boost driver. I'd love to know about a 1.4A boost driver if that's the case.

I thought mc-e needed 2.8a for full 700+? if so, maybe it has sandwiched 1.4a drivers?

nice setup@! :)

warx23

Enlightened

I can PM nailbender for some details. I did forget to mention and have corrected the OP that it is a three speed.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought mc-e needed 2.8a for full 700+? if so, maybe it has sandwiched 1.4a drivers?

nice setup@! :)

Looks like a Netkidz tower. A 2-board sandwich would protrude from the driver cavity at the bottom. Plus, the outer spring wouldn't fit inside of the bottom housing of the tower. I don't see any of those issues in the photos. Now that we know it is a 3-mode driver, it could be a shiningbeam 8x7135 board that has chips on both sides.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Guy

It is a as you can see a Mbin WG built on a net kidz tower. It has been shimmed up so that the hotspot is concentrated.
It is running a 3 level direct drive board that I have made and is 6 volts max.

It was before I had my pretty orange tape that hides the shims. :D

Hope that helps

Dave

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Too many TurboHeads and towers, must resist.... Don't need an FM1x26500 body. Really. No, really....

ptolemy

Enlightened

Too many TurboHeads and towers, must resist.... Don't need an FM1x26500 body. Really. No, really....
oh yes you do, you know you do...

warx23

Enlightened

Thanks for the comments guys. This is a super sweet setup.

All PM's answered.
icon14.gif

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a similar hosts and kick myself for selling it:poof:

My FM 1 x 26500 had a 6P bezel and I didn't like the look, but that KT-2 bezel looks like it belongs on that Fivemega hosts:twothumbs

If that wasn't enough you have a super nice custom one off MC-E tower;)

Good luck,
bigC

warx23

Enlightened

To the top.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most LED towers use Seoul P4s, Luxeons, and XP-Gs. MC-E towers are relatively rare since in stock form the MC-E case is too large to fit through the reflector opening in an SF TurboHead. The builder has to do some careful trimming of the MC-E case and folding down of the legs. In direct drive from 1xIMR26500, I would imagine that this tower is going to put out a lot of lumens. So if you want a very bright turbo tower, you won't find many of these around.

alantch

Enlightened

I might be interested in the MCE tower if you consider parting out the package later.

warx23

Enlightened
Sold to RNST

Thanks for all the great comments!

Last edited:

Jackalope33B

Newly Enlightened
Do you guys have anymore of the LED Towers or know where I can get one? I have a Surefire M900AB, and Im looking to go LED.

THanks!!

warx23

Enlightened
You might try to contact Nailbender. He built the original LE. He's also a great guy to deal with.

Good luck and welcome to cpf..watch your wallet. :devil: