Military friend wants IR weaponlight

Dole

Newly Enlightened
My buddy contacted me today and said "I need a bada$$ weaponlight, but it has to have IR." He mentioned the Surefire M952V, but at $525 my first thought is that there has to be a better option out there. I'm not expert on IR options but maybe someone else is. He's very rough on his equipment so it must be durable. And it must be bright. Over 200 lumens.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My buddy contacted me today and said "I need a bada$$ weaponlight, but it has to have IR." He mentioned the Surefire M952V, but at $525 my first thought is that there has to be a better option out there. I'm not expert on IR options but maybe someone else is. He's very rough on his equipment so it must be durable. And it must be bright. Over 200 lumens.

Not really...SF is probably the only readily available contender for a 200 lumen weapon light w/ IR...at least a reliable one...if he might see combat with it, he needs to get the SF...and the price is actually pretty cheap for that...it goes for $400'ish new. Same with the IR filter, he can save a few getting a used SF one on flea-bay. Or, just go straight for the Vampire ? He'll need to get at least an extra lamp assy to go with it if he get's the M952V, and that's proably his best option...since his life may depend on it, I'd say it's his only option, IMHO.