Flashing LED (not red)

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I need a flashing LED, something like the Mini Flasher from Pelican or the PT Eco Flare, but it can't be red in color. Clear, amber, green, but not red. Actually I need a whole bunch (for the job). Any suggestions? Price range needs to be less than $20 each. Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Radio Shack has a flashing yellow-green LED, but that's just the bare LED and no batteries or case or wires or anything. I have no idea where you're going to find a complete unit like a Pelican Mini Flasher.

JJHitt

Enlightened
PAL lights ... a little on the large size, but under the 20 dollar mark. A 9v is supposed to keep it flashing for 200 hours (manufacurer's claim).

markus_i

Enlightened
Photon III? Not sure about the price, and apparently setting it to flash is more than simply pressing a button.
Otherwise, if you're inclined to modifying or self-building, you could try replacing the red LED with a yellow or amber one (might just work, if you're not too keen on getting maximum brightness). Or there are flashing (red) LEDs out there ('my' German electronics mailorder shop probably won't help you at all) which can be run directly from a simple DC source. I assume the RS thingy is something similar. The trick is, you can build any colour flashing LED with this beast by simply connecting a (visibly mounted) LED of your favourite colur in series with an (invisibly mounted) flasher LED (have to take care of the voltage range and dropout voltage of the 'normal' LED, but that's manageable).

HTH, bye
Markus

Latest posts