Bulb upgrade possibility for military crookneck flashlight?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found this flashlight I bought from USCAV during my early years of CPFing, now a more mature CPFer, are there any ideas to upgrade this? The model # is mx-991 made Fulton. Are these PR type bulbs?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those too (pretty sure it's the same model) and it is a PR type bulb. It takes 2 D's.

I'm also interested in better/brighter bulb options. I'm thinking maybe 3 C's and a 3C maglite bulb...or a LED PR bulb...

Ratso

Enlightened
Try a Radio Shack Xenon XPR-102. 2.4v 0.8a.
Or a Ledcorp Bulb for a tight beam or a Ledtronics 3 LED bulb for a more conventional LED beam.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a 3.6V 0.85a from my Sears Oscillating flashlight ( Dont ask why I bought this light, I thought it was cool at the time ). The only problem is the bulb is burned, but everything fits,so I will pick up a spare at Sears tommorow.

Spidey82

Enlightened
i am thinking abt using 8AA with 4*2 series/parallel connection (like surge) and a 4.8 v bulb. for my friend's "L - Torch".

Spidey82

Enlightened
use 2X 4AA battery holder. but was thinking of how to connect it to the flashlight itself. Might have to solder the wire direct to the light. I ever run a 6batt maglite bulb with 6 AAs in a 2D light using a 4AA & a 2AA battery holder.
linfeng