Eagletac M2XC4 Strobe settings

arniezac

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody, thought is was about time I joined the fun and stop lurking.

Got my Eagletac M2XC4 today and could n't understand why there was no strobe function, only 5 levels of brightness.

Anyway, I figured it out after much headscratching that the strobe can be changed or turned of completely by turning the ring on,off and back on again quickly. Did n't know this, so its come as a bit of a bonus.

My question is this....what are the lumen levels when the strobe is off and you have 5 brightness levels?

It normally goes...
low 45, medium 150, high 360, turbo 800, strobe

with the strobe turned off you get...
low,
dscf0318small.jpg

medium,
dscf0319small.jpg

high,
dscf0320small.jpg

turbo,
dscf0321small.jpg

then an even brighter level that would normally
be strobe
dscf0322small.jpg

and in case your wondering, this is turbo when the
strobe mode is activated (same brightness as turbo
with the strobe mode de-activated)
dscf0323small.jpg

Last edited:

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

Can you take a pictures of turbo in 4 mode setting and this "higher" turbo in 5 mode setting?

AFAIK, this is the latest revision (3rd) of this amazing flashlight (I own first gen with neutral leds). The turbo mode should be the same in both settings, just the spacing between inter modes is more dense.
On the other hand, the modes are current regulated, so they cannot be so easily changed, like in case of PWM controlled by some processor. :thinking:
Sooo... I'd be nice if you could grab a camera and make some photos of both "turbos" with fixed settings. :popcorn:

arniezac

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I took some rough pics, same settings for all. ISO 200, F2.8, 1/100sec
The 5th level is definatley brighter than the regular turbo which is shown in the 4th and 6th picture.
Cool Huh!

low
dscf0318small.jpg

med
dscf0319small.jpg

high
dscf0320small.jpg

turbo
dscf0321small.jpg

5th level when strobe is deactivated
dscf0322small.jpg

turbo when strobe is activated
dscf0323small.jpg

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
What they did, i think, was hide strobe out the way and add another brightness level in between low and turbo.
It is a superb flashlight.

Last edited:

thesmacker11

Newly Enlightened
Thats strange I just got one today too from eagletac USA, mine has turbo + strobe. I was hoping it was programmable like the site said, just got to figure out how...

"Updated UI (user interface) - Choose your last mode - Turbo (800 lumens), Tactical Strobe, Slow Strobe or SOS. To change modes - From off turn on fully then turn off and back on fully within two seconds to cycle through modes. Once you find the mode you want leave on for more than two seconds to memorize the mode."

each time i do it i end up with tactical strobe

Last edited:

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the photos! Indeed, this more powerful turbo mode seems strange:thinking:

The question is, ...are you loosing proper turbo, when using four mode + strobo, or are you gaining even more power when in 5 continous mode. The best way to find it out, is to compare side by side with older generations.

Maybe some dealer would shed a little light on this case... Mike ? Tod ? :popcorn:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Eagletac M2XC4 today and could n't understand why there was no strobe function, only 5 levels of brightness.

Congratulations for a strobe free M2XC4! :party:
At my M2XC4 I find the strobe to be very annoying because it's too easy accidently activates. You may have the new updated version?

Regards, Patric

lebox97

Enlightened
The new UI - has a new low level of 20 lumens, and the 5th level Turbo mode can be replaced by either strobe/beacon/SOS (which uses the Turbo lumen output). (regardless of which mode you are in - you will only have 5 levels of output)

The new 4-mode UI have been phased in over the last couple of months or so to all three M2 models...
one indicator would be the new black box (replacing the gray colored box), and instruction manual has been updated as well to explain how to access the different hidden modes (Strobe/Beacon/SOS which uses the turbo output).

previous UI was 55 / 190 / 390 / 800 / Strobe
(lumen output will vary depending on model)

new UI on-off-on within 1.5 seconds activates each 5 level switching mode, continuing the on-off-on will cycle between the 4-modes, and it remember mode you leave it in.

EX: (lumen output will vary depending on model)
Mode 1: 20 / 55 / 190 / 390 / 800 Lumens
Mode 2: 20 / 55 / 190 / 390 / STROBE
Mode 3: 20 / 55 / 190 / 390 / Beacon
Mode 4: 20 / 55 / 190 / 390 / SOS

:twothumbs
Tod

Thanks for the photos! Indeed, this more powerful turbo mode seems strange:thinking:

The question is, ...are you loosing proper turbo, when using four mode + strobo, or are you gaining even more power when in 5 continous mode. The best way to find it out, is to compare side by side with older generations.

Maybe some dealer would shed a little light on this case... Mike ? Tod ? :popcorn:

arniezac

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for clearing up the confusion Tod. The box mine came in was grey and displayed the origional outputs 40,150,360,800 on the side and there was no mention of strobe modes in the instructions either. Sometimes companies ship out new models in old packaging until they're used up, then roll out the new packaging, i guess. I'm not complaining though, I have the most up-to-date model, which is great.

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
Same here, old packaging, old instructions, but latest model and also the free clicky too, which is nice because it eliminates the parasitic drain.

I will also mention that i accidently damaged mine and my dealer Flashaholics uk were superb in getting me a free replacement head from Eagletac. So there we have it, great dealer and manufacturer service to go with a great flashlight. :thumbsup:

arniezac

Newly Enlightened
I also got the M2SC4 at the same time, I could n't decide which to go for so tried both. The M2XC4 is the keeper and I'll be sending the SC4 back, but I can confirm now that both models were of the newer variety. On the XC4 where the etching is, just below the selector ring it does actually say on mine ,M2XC4 MKII.