Rayovac 2 D cell Drop In Led

ragweed

Enlightened
Anyone make these? I know they make them for Maglights. Any modders do these? Thanks!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just get one of the 3-watt nite-Ize drop-ins at Lowes, or Craftsman makes them too. They go for around $15. Hope this helps!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience, the Mag drop-ins won't work in alot of your standard PR flanged holders. True, the nite-ize and craftsman aren't the best, but they're more readily available, especially for those that like to physically see what they're buying before they commit. I use them in about 5 of my beater lights. Since you're putting it in a 2D rayovac, the cheaper one's should do fine. The better drop-ins might get damaged cause of the excess heat generated.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
mag dropins require you to hollow out the bulb carrier and change the focus on many lights. I put a mag led drop in my old rayovac 2D roughneck light that focuses by putting the bulb carrier in a drill press and hollowing it out. it now has a wonderfully white beam but I have gotten so used to AA and AAA based lights it is so much heavier I rarely use it. I also did the same thing to a rayovac 2AA swivel rubberized swivel light but IMO it was a mess trying to make the bulb carrier big enough to fit the mag dropin.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy also makes a PR based LED drop-in that will work with 1 - 5 cells.

It's not super bright, about 37 lumens with 2 cells, but it's not bad considering the price.

Part number 41-1642.