Aspherical Lens for Solarforce?

Scorpion1080

Newly Enlightened
I have been trying to search everywhere to find an aspherical lens which would fit a solarforce L2P.

It is meant to be a 27.7mm lens but 26.8mm lenses will apparently fit.

Does anyone know where I can get a quality lens in these sizes?

Thank you.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can get non-quality from DX, they are direct replacement (unscrew bezel ring, pop out glass lens and pop in dx 'aspheric') they are not quality parts but they may suit your purpose.
I could mail you one (I received one as a 'bonus) to save you the 3mo dx wait period.
PM me if interested.
No direct cost to you, but I'd ask you send something off to some other CPF'er at her/his time of need.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of the KD aspherics and they work fine but I had to put a Lighthound glow ring (about 1/4" thick) between it and the body to get it into focus. With that it projects a perfect image of the emitter (SST-90) on the wall, and will light things up 1/4 mile away.

I'd love to have more of a laser point like aspheric, where the spread wasn't so high, but for $3 it's a bargan. BTW, I did order 3 but one came in that didn't have the 'lip' the other two did, and I wasn't able to get the bezel ring to tighten down.

There is an aspheric on Edmunds Scientitic that's like $30. If anyone knows of a good one that works well in a L2 I'm interested too.

Marc

Last edited:

oronocova

Enlightened
I have the one from DX and I think it works awesome. I'd say the quality is better than what it is priced for. The side spill is ugly but it makes the light throw a loooong ways.

Hill

Enlightened
Thorlabs also has several sizes of aspherical lenses. Based on the price, they are probably good quality. Comes in both uncoated and AR coated.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better focus ..... There is only so much tweaking that can be done ..

indeed the Dx aspheric works spectacularly in a Huntlight FT-01, a design related to the WF-502B...

one can tingle with the P60 pil dimensions, screwing and unscrewing the reflector....and on the L2 you can work with a spacer beneath the aspherical lens....

Ian2381

Enlightened
Have anyone tried SKU 13907 from DX-30mm*14.3mm Acrylic Lens Optic.

Will this work?

sku_13907_2_small.jpg
sku_13907_1_small.jpg
sku_13907_3_small.jpg

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have anyone tried SKU 13907 from DX-30mm*14.3mm Acrylic Lens Optic.

Will this work?

sku_13907_2_small.jpg
sku_13907_1_small.jpg
sku_13907_3_small.jpg

Im using something similar on a SSC P4 ..

I purchased a Xenon light , which I wanted to convert to a P60 host but no go , but I was able to get the pill in less reflector , so I used a similar Aspheric lens and it works real well . Very nice beam quality .

moviles

Enlightened
good thread

I have tested too the dx 28mm lens and are not very good

2ewyujo.jpg

the focal length its too big
only a little more thrower than the standard 22 mm lens

the 28mm lens from dx (sku 5297) have 26.5mm (effective diameter) x 9.88mm

I want 28mm lens with good focal length like x2000 lens ... something like 28mm x 10-14mm

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
Reviving an extremely old thread here, apologies.
Anyone found anything during the last 3 years?
I've got an aspherical lens that does fit, but due to the reflector, it makes some weird artifacts.
I could DIY something to replace the reflector, but not really DIYing much these days.

mash.m

Enlightened
You should use the ahorton lens for p60 style lamps. just google ahroton aspherica und you get it.

markus