What voltages are OK for Mag-Num Star Xenon bulb?

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, this doesn't look much like it belongs in the LED flashlights section, do you think?

Second, it would depend a lot on which Mag-Num Star bulb (they make them for most, if not all, cell counts Maglites have been made for), and how many Li-ion cells you're using. If you don't ask a specific question, you can't hope for a useful answer.

reedlaw

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I'm a newbie here and a bit lost among all the info.

My modded Mag2C holds 3 CR123A batteries. So it seems the voltage could be anywhere from under 9V to over 12V. I was just trying to find out if this range would be within the tolerance range of the 6C Mag-Num Star (LMSA601).

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I'm a newbie here and a bit lost among all the info.

My modded Mag2C holds 3 CR123A batteries. So it seems the voltage could be anywhere from under 9V to over 12V. I was just trying to find out if this range would be within the tolerance range of the 6C Mag-Num Star (LMSA601).

Are you using RCR123s?(rechargeable). This fact will make a huge difference. I am running a 5cell(6v rated) 'numstar bulb with 2 Lithium rechargeables, it handles it well... I'm not so sure a 6cell(7.2v rated) will handle 11-12.6v. Seems like :poof: to me.
I believe it could handle 3 cr123 lithium primaries though.

I think this thread should be moved to the Incan section...Mods please note.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your charger can fit them, get 2 AW18500 rechargeable cells, and sell your RCR123s in the Marketplace. Try the 6cell bulb with them, then get a 5cell bulb to try :twothumbs.