• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SF-III with SST-50.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one SF-III with an SST-50 (WJ in brightness) LED up for sale. This light has three levels of light with memory. In high, the drive current to the LED is 3 amps so extremely bright. Runs on 2 x CR123 or 1 x 18650. Comes with flood reflector. Only two of these were ever made. Asking $550.00. If interested, send me a PM. Thank you.

2a5fzx5.jpg

1z6nag.jpg

ARC mania

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glenn7: I think the SST-50 is brighter than the Ostar SMT if it can be focused into the same tight spot. The problem is, the SST-50 doesn't take a liking to short reflectors and since a longer reflector will not fit into the head of an SF-III, the best choice was to go with a Fraen flood reflector. Still for a flood, this thing is wicked bright.

For an additional $55.00, I can stick an SST-90 in place of the SST-50.

ARC mania

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
An SF-III with an SST-90? :eek:

On two IMR 16340 this could be great, but I wonder if the SST-50 isn't enough already? I guess for flood, the SST-90 is THE floodmonster.

That said, there's only the problems : :broke: and :broke: and :broke: again, until may. Someone else grab this quickly! :sigh:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Floodmaster on the left and flood monster on the right :) Neither light will shut down during continuous use. Its like putting a big block V8 into an older mini cooper.

ARC mania

28jfj83.jpg

1zzs3yh.jpg

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
That are aggressive looking lights!

So, in terms of flood, I guess the Ostar 15W would get the third price? I mean with the flood reflector of course, not with the "spot", which I call the allround reflector?

Do these run flawlessly on an 18650 or do they require 2 cells? I own a low powered light (1,2 A I think) with an SST-50 that flickers with an 18650. A bad driver I guess (my light is not the only one that does it), because I just got another one that runs flawlessly on 1 x 16340 IMR...

calebra

Banned
thanks one and all, still shaking from spending so much on a flashlight:broke:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks one and all, still shaking from spending so much on a flashlight:broke:

But its money well spent on a great custom, congrats and enjoy it!

I guess it is the first time you spent so much money on a flashlight? I still remember my first time, only a year ago, it was a Gatlight Titanium. The feeling was very special and I only spent the money because I got s certain sum back from an insurance contract.

The second time was half a year ago, a McGizmo Sundrop XR-U. I had lots of mixed feelings, because I swore the Gatlight was a special occasion and it would stay the only "expensive" light in my collection...

Well, either you stop reading the Custom section and especially the BST right now, or you will have more of those feelings in future, they evolve with each light, mine are currently between remorse and fear, because I have come to the point where I spend future money already. But, when the light arrives, it's ecstasy, looking at your great collection it is happyness and using a light it's complete satisfaction! :)

About your light here, you should ask Mike which cells to use to take the most out of it. I use 2 x IMR16340 for the one with the Ostar SMT, perhaps the SST-50 runs great on an 18650, then you'll get great runtimes as well. I doubt that 2 x CR123A would be a good choice though.

Have a great waiting time, that's also filled with special feelings... :devil:

calebra

Banned
こんにちは、マイク、電池の場合は、この懐中電灯のことをお勧め何ですか?

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:takeit::devil::) FLOODMONSTER...send it my way! I'll include my address on the PayPal gift option message section. You probably have it on file from the last purchase. Does it come with a titanium bezel too to match my other one??? Thanks Mike!

1zzs3yh.jpg

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should be a keeper for you as you're in search of flood! :party:

I'm also a flood-lover...

Great snag! :devil: