Any good reason not to leave a Quark on moonlight 24/7?

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Quark AA and was thinking that instead of installing tritium vials (GF thinks they're dangerous, I'm sure they aren't but I don't want to have that arguement) I could just leave moonlight mode on all the time. I recharge my battery quite often so the small drain of moonlight shouldn't limit my capacity very much at all. As well, it is a tactical so it will not get bumped into higher mode accidentally by soft presses. Is there any reason not to do this?

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Quark AA and was thinking that instead of installing tritium vials (GF thinks they're dangerous, I'm sure they aren't but I don't want to have that arguement) I could just leave moonlight mode on all the time. I recharge my battery quite often so the small drain of moonlight shouldn't limit my capacity very much at all. As well, it is a tactical so it will not get bumped into higher mode accidentally by soft presses. Is there any reason not to do this?

Hi !

1) never tell your GF about dangerous stuff...:sssh:

2) Moonlight mode is MUCH brighter than tritium so and can get pretty annoying at night. Also, the Quark switch is quite sensitive so it can easily change mode in your pocket and you risk having a dead cell when you'll need your flashlight.

Maybe a good keyfob with some V10 glow powder in it ? It can glow for 12 hours so more than enough to find your light at night, and no potential risk and an happy GF...;)

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a tactical so it can't soft-press and even if it could it wouldn't change modes so no risk there. I'll try it tonight, I guess that the moonlight mode could be too much and be distracting but we'll see.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a tactical so it can't soft-press and even if it could it wouldn't change modes so no risk there. I'll try it tonight, I guess that the moonlight mode could be too much and be distracting but we'll see.
If your bedroom is anywhere near dark then you'll find Moonlight (unless you bezel stand?) to be too bright. Don't EVER tell the girlfriend about radon, potassium, or the other things that contribute to your yearly radiation dose.

jblackwood

Enlightened
Would you leave it on its side so you can see the light? There's probably no good reason not to do this . . . go ahead and try it and report back to us! :thumbsup: I'm sure eager to hear your results. I always tailstand or bezel stand my lights, that's why I put the tritium vials in, plus they look uber cool.

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
There's a good reason to do it..... it will create the "moonlight romance" mood for your GF.:hitit:

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
Leave it in moonlight mode, and when your GF complains how bright it is, tell her if you got tritium locators it wouldn't be a problem :laughing:

umc

Enlightened
I've enabled the locator light (dim flash every few seconds) on my RA clicky and had it on the nightstand the first night and it was bright and annoying. Now this light won't be in the bedroom but on my belt, on my pants in the living room so it won't be an issue.

Try it but you may find it annoying and bright like others have mentioned.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess there's always GITD o-rings to fall back on too.

The problem with GITD oring is that they don't glow for more than 1 hour or so...:sigh: I wish they make some with V10 glowpowder...

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wiggle , toward the end , it may run your battery down below the protection point and damage it. Because it is such a low drain .

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put one of these suckers on the end and you'll never hear another complaint from your girlfriend again... :naughty:

DiffuserTip600.jpg

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with GITD oring is that they don't glow for more than 1 hour or so...:sigh: I wish they make some with V10 glowpowder...

Epoxy + glow power = fun. I'd say to decorate some of the recessed bits of the quark, or draw a line on the window against the bezel edge.

ToNIX

Enlightened
Put one of these suckers on the end and you'll never hear another complaint from your girlfriend again... :naughty:

DiffuserTip600.jpg

That's like a 2 for 1. A sex toy and a diffuser, hence the "you'll never hear another complaint from your girlfriend again..." hahaha

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
does that fit the quarks?

Probably not but I'm thinking it can be used as is or if needed, a Quark size can be found (depending on the size of your loved one) or a light can be bought for this "attachment) which will also serve to keep it nice and warm ;)