Some newbie questions to get started!

Emptee

Newly Enlightened
Okay, newbie here. I've been lurking these forums the last couple days and I've learned a great amount from you guys! Unfortunately I must not being searching for the correct threads but im a little confused about the internals for modification purposes.

Im very sorry if there's a sticky I missed or some thing totally obvious but if you point me in the right direction that would be great. I don't wanna make you guys do all *the work hahah!

I bought an Ultrafire A40 just for the learning capabilities. I've read enough on here to know Ultrafire makes questionable lights yet they can be pretty useful after some beneficial modifications.

Bought it from DX but here is a link that have specs

1. I've read that the light I bought will perform substantially better with a 3.6/3.7v recharchable protected li-ion battery. I understand its a cr123a type which would be the best choice performance wise for not only a consistent light but great reliability? Is li-ion really necessary? If so what are the advantages over other kinds of batts?

2. Now when it comes to the Emitter Bin what exactly is that? I've tried googling it but couldn't find a decent definition. I'm not quite sure what I should be searching for if I needed to buy an "upgraded" one. It says the Bin is Q5-WC for the A40 and the Emitter Brand is a Cree XR-E. I assume I should be searching for Q5-WC's but maybe I'm wrong? haha

3. Now with the Emitters, should I always take into consideration with any light what the possibilities are on needing to change the Emitter? If so how would I figure out my type of Emitter # or brand or whatever? Are Emitters also known as "drop ins" (that is of course if they have the ability to be "dropped" in.)

4. I can understand the reasoning for potentially upgrading the Reflector for obvious reasons (or so I've read lol) Again though, how do I find out what type of Reflector works with this Ultrafire or in fact any other type of flashlight? Is upgrading the Reflector truly necessary or only if it's real crap or damaged?

Thanks in advance so much guys! Again very sorry if these are dumb questions with easily obtainable answers, I'm just a little lost and new to this kind of hobby and I'm not sure what key phrases or terms I should be looking for. If you have any helpful newbie websites for me to learn the components and basic knowledge of lights I would love to get that.

This was bought purely for educational purposes so I could learn the 'tricks of the trade' before spending $70-$150 on a quality light for my price range.

Also, I'm posting this here because I couldn't find a Beginner section on cpf and I didn't know if I should put it in General Flashlights or LED's? I figured since it's LED I would put it here and most of my lights will in fact be LED so hopefully most of the knowledge on LED's will be relatively universal to each other. Thanks guys and sorry for the lengthy post haha.