• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

[S]B Haiku XP-G (now flame-colored)

grnamin

Enlightened
Sandblasted instead of beadblasted, full treatment, clip flame-colored. :)
802779661_Ffvsr-L.jpg

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: [S]B Haiku XP-G

Wow! :twothumbs

May be a dumb question, but how did you get that color? Really nice looking - well done!! Thanks for sharing the photo!

SFfanman

Enlightened

:eek: Holy Moly! I didn't even recognize it. Run4jc, can you believe it used to be mister shiny? I can see the special forces using that one in top-secret missions where stealth and camoflouge are necessary.

:p

grnamin

Enlightened

Thank you, all. :) Titanium turns bluish when heated until orange and then quenched in water (at least from my experience). The Haiku looks a little bit darker in the picture than it does in real life.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great post! Grnamin have you done one in BB? Do you do this for other CPF members?

grnamin

Enlightened

Thank you. :)

Great post! Grnamin have you done one in BB? Do you do this for other CPF members?

Haven't done one in BB due to the lack of resources. I use a Badger sandblasting kit and a small compressor (40lb. pressure only). I can do this for other members, but only a very limited basis. :)

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks good!! :twothumbs Should look even better after you let it bang around in a pocket with keys and knives for a couple of years.

Rico801

Newly Enlightened

I like sandblasting over bead blasting because of how dark it turns out. If I ever snag a Haiku, I'll be tempted to have it blasted like that. :D

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice,

Just make sure you do not intend to anodize your parts after they are SB, according to McGizmo this can be problematic since particles remain embeded in the metal and prevent a proper anodization.

BB allows anodization

grnamin

Enlightened

Very nice,

Just make sure you do not intend to anodize your parts after they are SB, according to McGizmo this can be problematic since particles remain embeded in the metal and prevent a proper anodization.

BB allows anodization

Thank you for the tip. Good info.

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Re: Now... flame-colored

Dude, are you that guy with little hands in the burger king commercial? That light looks huge in the second pic! LOL

it looks sweet!

I stripped down my Haiku and used a propane torch to flame color it:

810211695_4GFXN-L.jpg

Last edited: