• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mokume Gane Fancy Fli ***SOLD***

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:cool: Well Guys and Gals....Mr. "Catch and Release" is at it again but this time we have something very special up for grabs. As far as I know...Peter Atwood has the only other one of these ever completed. This is the finest piece of wearable flashlight art that I have had the pleasure of viewing. I am no stranger to mokume gane and damascus and I can personally attest to the magnificent beauty of these metals. Fred Pilon (PHOTONFANATIC) told me that there are probably less than twenty mokume gane flashlights in existance and only two of the Fanci Fli lights were ever completed by Chip. I am NOT desperate to sell this piece and I will entertain trade offers. I paid DEAR to get this one so I am going to start with an asking price of $500 delivered anywhere. Here are the specs from wvtakis2 ...

The Tifli is a small, everyday wearable light loosely based on the CPF classic, the FireFli http://vimeo.com/9356298 . It is painstakingly hand cut from solid titanium, and o-ring sealed. It uses a white 30 degree flood beam 5mm LED running off 4 #10 zinc-air hearing aid batteries and operates with a simple "tighten for on" interface. You can read all about the conception of the light starting on page 9 here, and an excellent review here.

It is 11/32" in diameter by app.1 1/2" long and has a hole large enough to fit a number of titanium chains, eliminating the need for a spit ring. Since these are not mass produced but instead all handmade by me there are a number of options so you can customize the light to truly make it yours.

IMG_0084-1.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

647448878_qyxGK-M.jpg

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mokume Gane Fancy Fli for sale or trade!

Karl, oh Karl.... :drool:

Man, I am a tinkin bout it :naughty: .... :ohgeez: ... but :twothumbs ... but :sick:

I might??? :eek: I'll be back :D

:twothumbs to Fred for machining this masterpiece! :cool:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

!

didn't notice you were back, kenster.. WELCOME BACK!

oh, and a free bump for an awesome light :)

paulr

Flashaholic

:wow:

But was this light made by Fred? I thought WValtakis made them. Either way it's a beautiful light.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

WValtakis2 (Chip) made this light (I'm original owner). Karl references Fred because Fred has made several (Karl has owned at least one or two of those) and made the comment on less than 20 flashlights being made in this beautiful (expensive) material.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ya know Neale...I bought that other mokume gane light from London Lad and I am awaiting it's arrival. I hope I am not disappointed because the FanciFli is the prettiest damn light I ever saw and obviously London Lad comments about wearing his TiFli daily so it must be superior to the one I just bought from him that I haven't seen yet. HMMM. the original FireFli was designed to be virtually indestructable and waterproof thus part of many disaster kits for emergencies. I had to buy one too just to see one in real life for comparison. I know I priced it high but I know I also paid over $1150 for a Lunasol 27 anodized by Peter Atwood. If I do off this one, it's not like I can order another when I suffer seller's remorse the next day. I'm sure AWTYD knows that feeling all too well! :devil: I really miss the old DZ mag....that's another of those that can't be replaced . Lord know I keep looking. I got my feelers out for something from Led Zeppelin or maybe something Dark Zero or Milky modded.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

That other mokume gane light was just too nice to wear !!!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

FOR THE NEW OWNER (or Karl if he doesn't sell it...)

2 x 10 packs of Duracel zinc air batteries for this light.

I told Karl that I had some to go with the light - found them today. Free shipping in USA for the new owner of this light. USA only because otherwise I would need to go to post office.

Or I can mail them to Karl & he can send them with the light if it's going elsewhere (if someone wants to wait...)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

VERY COOL!:huh:

How durable is this light? I mean, is this a paint or anodized job? Looks great, but wil it withstand daily neck wear? I could see owning this if it would withstand the daily rigors or wearing it on a chain.

Thanks,
Dan

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Howdy Karl! :wave:

Well :thinking: ...... Can't stand it :eek:oo: and Gotta have it :drool: so..... :shrug:

I'll take it! :grin2:

Send me a PM with PayPal addy please :thumbsup:

Thank you :)