Does this light even excist?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fairly simple but have not come across it yet so perhaps the experts can help.

I want the following type of light and nothing above the budget please.

Single AAA cell would be ideal but if small enough would go to a AA.

Ideal size would be the size of Fenix EO1

Must have focus (very important for job needed )

Has to be a clicky

15 or so lumens is enough.

Budget max £15 UK but say $25.

Nearest that suits so far is the Led Lenser K3 but that runs on button cells but if I have to I would.

thanks in advance
Bill

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
dangit...got beat on the recomendation for the tank007! perhaps if we new more about the "job" we could recommend a well suited light...hmmm how about THIS its another dealextreme torch...but as weird as it is, they are ahead of the game on this one

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
RC-29 or RC-C6 from Romisen? they're a little large, but they have a focusable beam, runs on AA (RC-29 is single cell, RC-C6 can accept the N3 2AA tube), and shiningbeam sells an upgaded model either in neutral tint, ot a Q5 emitter.

We just got out TK-703s, they will NOT work on alkalines (I got 3, all 3 would not turn on unless I at least had an eneloop in it), they will kill your night vision (played with them at night, left spots for a few seconds after I turned them off) due to the single mode. absolutely tiny (I prefer 2AA) form factor, the tail clicky is a plastic button and not the rubbery tail boots.

In all, fairly good if you need lots of light, but will be blinding if you need close range work.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
dangit...got beat on the recomendation for the tank007! perhaps if we new more about the "job" we could recommend a well suited light...hmmm how about THIS its another dealextreme torch...but as weird as it is, they are ahead of the game on this one

The job in hand is for my daughter to get to her car in a total dark situation here on the old farm where I live,tried my lights and she likes the Led lenser P3 but she would rather a little smaller,will be handy to pop the baby in her seat without pumping to much lumens out so 15 with a bit of focus would be ideal.
One last point I really have no wish to deal with any company outside of Europe or the USA as the delivery is far to slow for me and there reputation goes before them so no thanks.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leatherman used to make a pretty cool adjustable focus light, looks like they have a small 15lum. 1 AAA light in their lineup, may be lacking adjustable throw, only maglites seem to find that as an important factor.

nbp

Flashaholic
True, it's not focusable, but focusable LED lights are the oddity. There aren't many to choose from. There's a reason for that. They usually aren't that useful, and it's really hard to get a decent beam from them. Why is it necessary to be focusable? For this kind of of close up task lighting, a wider beam would be more useful I would think. :shrug:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, it's not focusable, but focusable LED lights are the oddity. There aren't many to choose from. There's a reason for that. They usually aren't that useful, and it's really hard to get a decent beam from them. Why is it necessary to be focusable? For this kind of of close up task lighting, a wider beam would be more useful I would think. :shrug:

Girls are girls and she likes playing with that focus gizmo on the Led lenser so dad(me) said I will find you something,K3 looks like will be heading her way,will give it till tomorrow morning for some more posters and then order that or perhaps the P2 on Sunday night.

nbp

Flashaholic
Arrrrgh girls!! :hairpull:

There are so many good lights out there if it wasn't for that focusable requirement. Lights that in all honesty may be better for the job. An E01 for example would be fabulous and for 12 dollars. And it's actually regulated for constant output, Lenser's outputs/runtime claims are exaggerated.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, another DX light fits your needs precisely, and for only $4.15. Of course, you already said you don't want to deal with Chinese sites (something about the time it takes to ship -- as though it's better not to have the light at all than to have it in a couple weeks?), so I guess you can pretend the answer's no, unless you can find one of those local shops that buys cheap stuff from china and sells it at twice the price for people just like you.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, another DX light fits your needs precisely, and for only $4.15. Of course, you already said you don't want to deal with Chinese sites (something about the time it takes to ship -- as though it's better not to have the light at all than to have it in a couple weeks?), so I guess you can pretend the answer's no, unless you can find one of those local shops that buys cheap stuff from china and sells it at twice the price for people just like you.

Like I said I do not wish to deal with your link as this is a birthday gift and have no time to wait or get the chance it does not work in the first place and I think you have no right to add the last part of your posting (people just like you).People just like me are newcomers to the hobby and asking the more expert members for a bit of help not to be put down by people like you.
For your information I gave up on the search and have ordered her the ITP A3 as she likes the size of it.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said I do not wish to deal with your link as this is a birthday gift and have no time to wait or get the chance it does not work in the first place and I think you have no right to add the last part of your posting (people just like you).
No right?! If you can point to what part of the forum rules I'm violating, I'll be more than happy to edit it. Or report it to a mod, I'll certain comply if they deem it in violation.

But regardless of whether actually saying it was out of line (as you claim), I absolutely stand by the truth of what I've said. There are places, large and small, that turn quite a profit from people who want cheap goods, but can't or won't order direct from China themselves. Walmart is no doubt the largest example, but there are any number of smaller outfits that usually have, if not broader, at least a different selection, especially for oddball flashlights.
People just like me are newcomers to the hobby and asking the more expert members for a bit of help not to be put down by people like you.
No, not a thing to do with how new you are to the hobby -- people who have never played with flashlights order stuff (tho mostly not flashlights) from DX, and people who are not new to the hobby at all make one request to help them find a light, then turn around and impose other conditions further down the thread until they eliminate all possible options. Being new is unrelated to either of those.

If you want to ask the "experts" for help in finding a light meeting a list of criteria, how hard is it to list those criteria up front[/i]?! In a very real sense, keeping a hidden set of criteria to reveal only later is asking "people like me" (which you have every right to say) to put you down, not because you don't know what lights are out there, but because you're asking for free help, and then seemingly going out of your way to make helping you harder.
For your information I gave up on the search and have ordered her the ITP A3 as she likes the size of it.
Excellent -- meets 3 of your 5 criteria. So now you can go on pretending that the DX light and any/all of my comments that you found offensive don't exist. Hope she doesn't mind the lack of "very important" focus and clicky and enjoys her ITP, which is otherwise definitely the better light.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
K3 with be good coz it has a focusable lights. Great run time on silver siver oxide and small easy to carry light. I know coz I got one. Or P3 that's run on 1xAAA.