L4...I just couldn't take it any more!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4...I just couldn\'t take it any more!

I haven't bought any lights in quite a while other than a couple small ones to hold me over until my X1 arrives (SL Stylus, MagmaLED). But after reading all the raves about the L4, I couldn't stand it any more and decided I had to jump on the L4 band-wagon. I spoke to Dan at Tactical Warehouse this morning to see if he had any in stock...none at the moment, but he said he's getting an order in the next couple days. There's a couple sites that have them in stock, and a site or two that even sell them at a hair less than TW...but after all the things I've read about Dan at Tactical Warehouse, I'd made up my mind that I didn't want or need to look any further. I placed my order about 10 minutes ago, now I'm "anticipating the unbareable anticipation" that I know I'll be experiencing over the next few days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
At about 140 bucks this is the most I've EVER spent on a flashlight (...and I have almost 100 of 'em); but I haven't bought a "high end" light since buying an ArcLS1rev2 last October. So the way I see it, I've been "good" and I DESERVE it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif! I can't wait to get my grimey meat hooks on this light...it will definitely be the "flagship" of my light collection!!!

PJD

...Incidentally, Dan at Tactical Warehouse is one of the most helpful and pleasant individuals you could ever hope to deal with! Thanx, Dan...you ROCK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif!!!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: L4...I just couldn\'t take it any more!

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the L4.

I know you won't be disappointed with Dan's customer service, he's the best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Trent

Newly Enlightened

I'm waiting on mine from Dan to. Best service in town.

Glow Bug

Enlightened

You will soon own your most favorite light of ALL TIMES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Ben H

Enlightened

Me neither! I can't wait to get mine! I will be my first Surefire and my most expensive light. I was at Cabela's this weekend and was looking at the E2E. I got way excited when I realized that the L4 is about the same size!!!! I'm so glad I resisted the Surefire urge until the L4. I have limited flashlight funds and the L4 seems about as good of a deal as my Arc LSL second. Hope yours comes soon PJD.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

PJD
About Dan, should I say we told you so, or should I say now
you see what we were talking about.
You're going to love your KL4. Prepare to be impressed &
after that it grows on you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Here's the one problem (not with the L4 itself) that I have with owning an L4: All my other 1W and lesser lights look <font color="green">sickly weak </font>in comparison to my L4. Now the bar has been raised by which I measure the quality and quantity of the light output of an LED flashlight. I for one, won't be going back to 1W or 5mm LEDs anytime soon. Now my two favorite-est lights are the L4 for size, and my Mr Bulk NN for sheer volume of light produced.
Be prepared to be spoiled. You will not want less after owning one of these puppies.

Ed.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks everyone!! You guys are the best!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

Skyline

Enlightened

Dan is definitely the best. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been playing with my L4 so much...that I bring it to work with me every day (although it's not my EDC). I've got it sitting next to my keyboard RIGHT NOW!

Click..light..ahhhh...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Even a seasoned flashlight reviewer can get spoiled by the L4... pretty much everything else has a weak, sickly beam compared to the blazing, pure white beam the L4 produces. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But, I have a job to do, so I can't let the L4 "get to me" as it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

aaaarrrggg!

I knew this was going to happen! I've been real good for a while, but then I started lurking here and reading posts!

No doubt I will have a L4 with 60 days. I have to have one now, this will be my last light I swear it will!

The progression goes something like this....

After my 6P a dozen years ago I needed a 9P, I need more power. Oh my those C2's look real nice! So I got one. Oh man I've just got to have that M6, but 123's were $3.50 back then, eh what the heck bought one anyway! I should get an E2...so I did, and then an E2e. My 9p is really beat up by now and I melted the lens. So, I bought a C3! Oh boy I better get one of them KL1 heads from County Comm, YES! But that combo is too big, so I need an E1e, perfect. Perfect until now, the L4 is perfection, I've gotta have one!

I'm doomed!

GregR

glen

Newly Enlightened

What are the KL5 and KL6s?

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

They are in the Surefire catalog, I think the are the big brothers to the KL2 and KL3 repectively. More Power? Larger head would probably mean better throw.

Rumors are also hinting at an adjustable brightness model, makes perfect sense.

garsea

Newly Enlightened

Just ordered my L4 yesterday. It will be my first highend light also. Just have a bunch of mag lights so far. Hope to be very impressed as these are not cheap.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD said:
Uhhh ... KL5 and KL6 are coming soon[er or later].

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ahhhh, the KL5 and KL6!" he thinks, rubbing his hands together and picturing his C2 and M3 capped with darkness banishing bright white 5W luxeon wonders! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alberto

Enlightened

garsea:

You will be VERY impressed. When I go back and look at my Mag lights (only one left, rest converted with LED kits), I wonder how I could have ever thought they were great lights. In fact, when I turn it on, I usually change the batteries, thinking they're expiring. What a sick, weak excuse for a flashlight.

The price is high for the L4, but the light, the quality, and the peace-of-mind is well worth it. You'll be proud to own and use it.

Welcome to the fraternity of Surefire.