What's the difference between these...

chrisw1

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I'm learning... ...slowly. Very slowly. You are all very helpful on informing me as to what I need to know to make my purchase. This is my original post:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/264431

From what I have learned here, I have pretty much settled on the eagletac p100, but I can't tell what the difference is between these two models. Can someone clarify? Thanks!

EagleTac P100A2 Flashlight Neutral White [P100A2/NW]

EagleTac P100A2 LED Flashlight Cree XP-E R2 [ET/P100A2]

found on this page:

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/productList.aspx?uid=152-153

Also if anyone wants to tell me about a super good deal for me to purchase 3 of them at the same time from a reputable dealer feel free. There was some input on this before, but I thought I would ask again due to having narrowed it down to this model.

Big thanks again to all of the tremendously helpful people here. lovecpf

pwatcher

Enlightened
in the google search box on this page, enter "beam tint" and read through some of the hits. a neutral white tint will be warmer (creamy, slightly tan) compared to the R2 which will be somewhat bluer/colder. Each has advantages and disadvantages, but get what appeals to you. for me, neutral white is preferable for a light I will primarily use outdoors, because green leaves and brown branches look more natural. but for primarily indoors usage, I'd prefer a whiter beam like the R2 should give you. does that help on your question about differences?

chrisw1

Newly Enlightened
in the google search box on this page, enter "beam tint" and read through some of the hits. a neutral white tint will be warmer (creamy, slightly tan) compared to the R2 which will be somewhat bluer/colder. Each has advantages and disadvantages, but get what appeals to you. for me, neutral white is preferable for a light I will primarily use outdoors, because green leaves and brown branches look more natural. but for primarily indoors usage, I'd prefer a whiter beam like the R2 should give you. does that help on your question about differences?

Yes it does help. From what you tell me the R2 is the bluer color which is what I want. That settles that. 3 of those will be ordered ASAP. Now if you all can tell me where to buy them for the best price and most respected dealer. Thanks again!

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be more precise, the difference between the two is lumen efficiency. They both use a Cree XR-E but one is flux bin Q4 and one is R2. The Q4 on high outputs 175 lumen and the R2 205 lumens.

The particular Q4 being used here has a warmer (neutral) tint and without specifically being mention it's implied that the particular R2 being used here has a colder tint.

Q4 and R2 have nothing to do with tint however just to be clear. The Q4 could just as easily come with a colder tint as well.

nbp

Flashaholic
This is just a continuation of the first thread, which is still open. Why did it warrant a new thread? :thinking: Maybe it could be merged to keep down clutter???